+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes Isnt Letting Me Restore My iphone Wtf?????

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i keep getting this messaging saying, "this device is not compatible with the iphone. Do you want to put it in airplane mode" its really annoying so im trying to
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Itunes Isnt Letting Me Restore My iphone Wtf?????
    i keep getting this messaging saying, "this device is not compatible with the iphone. Do you want to put it in airplane mode"

its really annoying so im trying to restore it via itunes but it keeps giving me a unkown error. Ive even tried this on my sisters itunes on her laptop and same thing! Help!

And I have the old iphone, and i have firmware 1.1.4 and it says im up to date so why isnt it letting me restore it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jeckel's Avatar
    Thanks

Could there be something on your iPhone that would cause this odd error?
    You could download firmware(1.1.4 or some other) and restore with that.
    Also, are you just pressing the restore button or are your putting it in restore or DFU mode?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    Could there be something on your iPhone that would cause this odd error?
    You could download firmware(1.1.4 or some other) and restore with that.
    Also, are you just pressing the restore button or are your putting it in restore or DFU mode?
    Im just pressing the restore button. How do you put it in DFU mode and why should I DO that? And how else could i restore my iphone? Help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 808mp5's Avatar
    Thanks

yup like jeckel said
    download 1.1.4 firmware from here
    put your phone into either recovery or dfu mode
    to get into dfu mode you need to hold the power and home button for 10 seconds or until the phone turns off then release the power button and keep holding the home button until itunes recognizes the phone

once itunes recognizes the phone hold the shift key and then press restore in itunes
    it going open explorer and choose the 1.1.4 firmware that you downloaded
    "Search" is your friend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samihassan View Post
    i keep getting this messaging saying, "this device is not compatible with the iphone. Do you want to put it in airplane mode"
    I'd like to go ahead and point out, restoring your phone won't get rid of this error message. This is actually a very common error message and is nothing to worry about. The iPhone is actually smart enough to know if the device you're connecting it to was built for an iPhone or an iPod, the difference having something to do with the fact that the iPhone is well... a phone. If you just hit the no button the phone will go right on working like normal and you can continue to use it as an MP3 player.