Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Music not showing on Iphone 3g

Default Music not showing on Iphone 3g
    Hi all was wondering if any one else had this problem...

I have a 8gb Iphone 3g Jailbroken, was working fine untill i noticed that my songs were not showing up on my iphone the files transfer but it does not show up on the iphone...im stumped! most of my apps form itunes app store dont work either... apps downloaded from cydia work fine.

If anyone out there could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it

I have googled for an answer, but to no sucsess, this was my last resort

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Restore?
    Have you tried a restore? Usually that is the safest and easiest fix for someone unexperienced. Not trying to badmouth you and claim you are unexperienced, but if you don;t know where to start this would be a good rout to follow!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I want restore to be my last avenue.. But it looks as though I might have to go that way
    If I can't get any support from any one. Thanks for your obvious advice, hopefully some one else has come across this problem and has a fix.

I have the same problem

mobilemusicplayer.app not showing songs or videos - Hackint0sh

SOLUTION:

Restore and configure how new, no from backup.

SOLUTION:

Restore and configure how new, no from backup.
    Last edited by juantxu3; 08-12-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have this problem too, any ideas? not sure what the previous post meant?

have tried restoring from back up and it didn't work

had the same problem and not sure what i did but it fixed itself..... updated some app store apps and now back to the same problem.

Cant seem to duplicate what i did to fix, and have been trying everything..... adding free apps, cydia, etc...

Looks like a restore.

well..... i just updated (from the iphone app store) a paid for app & after taking about 5 minutes for it to install..... everything working again. Not sure if this is the fix, but worked for me.
    Last edited by dannyben; 08-17-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had the same problem today. I suppose I have about 10 Apple Apps on there. I have an Original Iphone (2nd gen?) .. updated to 2.0 with Winpwn. I removed all Apple store apps, did a hard reboot of the Iphone and the music showed up again. I know it was there in the first place, because I did a scp into the phone, and it was all there. Very weird.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

in iTunes, unauthorize your computer. Sync your phone(should delete your apps). Reauthorize your computer. Sync your phone. This happened to me yesterday. I'm not sure but I think the authorizations are under the "store" tab. Hope I helped.

downgrade iTunes to 7.7 for a permanent fix

Exclamation i managed to fix mine
    hello every1

i updated my iphone 3g 8gb to v3.0 done the jailbreak and the ipod wouldnt work
    tried restoring, re-setting etc but nothing worked

so i thought i'd write exactly what i did hoping it might help you,

first i downloaded the v3.0 software from iclarified and restored my phone using it,
    when asked with the option set up as new iphone or restore from back up i selected set up as new i phone
    then i synced the music and let a few tracks download from pc to the iphone i
    then tried and checked to see if they showed and played and they did
    then i used the redsnow jailbreak package to jailbreak the phone and the ipod was still working fine.

NOTE:after numerous tries of various methods the only different thing i tried which may have made the difference seems to be setting the phone up as a new i phone and syncing music before jailbreaking

hope that helps

YB