+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Managing the Contacts

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there any way to import and export the contacts in my iPhone from and to my Windows computer? I used the SimPort to import my contacts from my SIM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Managing the Contacts
    Is there any way to import and export the contacts in my iPhone from and to my Windows computer?

I used the SimPort to import my contacts from my SIM card to my iPhone but unfortunately, the SimPort app wasn't able to import all my 240 contacts in my SIM card. It only managed to import around 170 contacts to iPhone.

Also, I copied the contacts from my old Sony Ericsson phone which later shown in iPhone to have a "/M" syntax at all contact names after importing through SimPort(iSim doesn't have this problem but I am lazy to copy 240 contacts one by one with the free version). SimPort also break the names of the contacts into First and Last name, which is a problem to the contact names which I didn't specify their last name.

So I am thinking of there is a way which I could manage the contacts through my computer and synchronise it with iPhone, then it would be so much better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yahoo's address book serves as a generic tool for moving contacts between iPhone and just about another other application that can read and write text files. Iphone will sychronize it's contacts with Yahoo's contact address book. To move contacts onto the iPhone, move them to an address book under your Yahoo account, then plug in your iPhone and point it to Yahoo. After the synch, the iPhone will contain contacts from Yahoo. Once contacts are synched with Yahoo, use Yahoo's export function to save contact into an XLS or CSV formatted file for import into just about any application.
    Last edited by TonyBay; 02-18-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks
    Dear xEnOn
    Maybe this can help you
    Managing Contacts iPhone | Device Gadget

Thanks
    I had a similar question. If you are used to iTunes, simply sync your iPhone contacts to your Windows Contacts. Also, see this thread if you are looking to manage iPhone contacts without the need to sync with iTunes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitisU View Post
    I had a similar question. If you are used to iTunes, simply sync your iPhone contacts to your Windows Contacts. Also, see this thread if you are looking to manage iPhone contacts without the need to sync with iTunes.
    She's right !!