Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia - Source Error - Unknown Error

Default Cydia - Source Error - Unknown Error
    started seeing a lot of "Source Error - unknown Errors" after i clean-installed and pwned my iphone 3g. i've traced it down to this package dependency trying to be installed:
    http://apt.saurik.com/debs/libsigc++...honeos-arm.deb

anyone else having issues? i can not install or update anything at this point, and that was why i opted for a clean install, though this was the behaviour i see both before and after.

I have exactly the same issue.
    Something wrong with the http://apt.saurik.com tangelo/main libsigc++ 2.0.18-3.
    I'm seeking the web for solutions!

very interested if you find anything... as it stands, i can watch the updates happening by ssh'ing into the phone and doing an apt-get -f install or apt-get install cydia, but that one is the only one that won't update. seems the file is just not there (guessing minor name change, corrupt file, etc)

I'm also getting that error... through everything I do on Cydia though, especially installing new things like Open SSH, can't get that to even begin though, just flashes the "Source Error Unknown HTTP Error: -2096". Please post back if anyone finds a fix, thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You Guys all have 3G's? I have a 2G and everything works fine

I have 2G iPhone, but I discovered it only gives me that error on WiFi.. I put the thing on Edge Service, and apps install perfectly ??? oh well, my problem is fixed, but I don't thnk that will help techyogi, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything else....

I solved it on my iphone 3g - try using someone elses' WiFi, like a friend's or family's....I started Cydia when on another network and it worked 100%!

For me, it was solved by turning off WiFi in the iSettings menu when I can no longer connect to any other networks. Hope that helps.