+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone power button not working

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So my modded phone is working reasonably well with 1.1.1 but I have a couple problems. My power/sleep button isn't working. When I press it absolutely nothing happens. When the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone power button not working
    So my modded phone is working reasonably well with 1.1.1 but I have a couple problems. My power/sleep button isn't working. When I press it absolutely nothing happens. When the power slide bar randomly pops up after I download an app and I press it the phone turns off but automatically tries to start up but just keeps flashing the apple logo. The only way it will start up is if I charge it. It gets pretty annoying but I have no clue where to start on fixing it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm a little confused on the post and am not technically savay with a lot of the iPhone's more advanced problems. Maybe try to post a little more information on when the problem started, if its always like that, etc.

What if you hold the home and power button down to shut it down? Does it still power back up automatically or do you have to push the power button.

Also the power button should feel like a button push and return push when you hit it. Does it feel like that or does it feel like you are pushing something nonresponsive like the screen? If the button doesnt feel like a button should - maybe the button itself is jacked up which is would explain most of the problems you are having.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The power button definitely does not feel jammed. When I press both the power and home button and let go when the screen turns black it just flashes the apple logo on and off.

I started to have this problem while trying to downgrade my baseband from 4.02.13 to 3.14.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone else have any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, backup ur contacts to outlook, save ur pics, then restore the phone.

***When its finished pick setup as new iPhone***

I was having weird problems like that, and they came back even after restoring. Its because sometimes itunes saves corrupted settings in the mobilesync folder. This is the only way i found to correct the issue, unless you know specifically which file is the offending one. Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I have 1.1.1 Jailbroken with T-Mobile none of this will change if I restore right?

I know its a dumb question but can someone help me?
    Last edited by FanBama34; 01-29-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone? Please?

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

you will have to rejailbreak and reunlock
    if u want to stay on 1.1.1 make sure u download that firmware, and hold down shift when click restore
    u might want read thru some guides first before u attempt, if u dont know what ur doing
    Last edited by scottvalentine; 01-30-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added info
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Thanks
    u might not wanna listen to these people i have the same problem u have 2 choices
    (1)restore your phone wipe it clean of apps and then go to the apple store let them give u a new one or
    (2) go to a bootleg place that fixes iphone like iresq.com and have them fix it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I absolutely have the same problem. Could you solve it?

Thanks

anyone know how can I jailbreak an iPhone if I can't turn it off cuz the button is broken.

Thanks

Reviving a two year old may not be the best way to find out. lol. Anyway the answer to your question depends on a few things, like what model phone you have, what firmware your on, etc... If your phone is able to use it then blackra1n can jailbreak a phone without having to push any of the physical buttons on the phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

If you dont wanna mess with your firmware or unlock than download quick lock from cydia to lock, and sbsettigns to power down. Or just get activator and assign your own sleep and power buttons. Yea its a pain but so is restoring, those are your only 2 options.
    If you wanna thank me hit "Thanks" in the lower left of my post. If you would like to follow me on twitter click here