Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone stuck to "connect to itunes" logo

Default iphone stuck to "connect to itunes" logo
    hi every1!

well,this was it!I finally bought an iphone!well,it is used,I know,but it's quite new on the outside!
    but I can't say the same about the inside...
    well,it has a so called "problem".it doesn't turn on.it only turns on when plugged to the power cable.and the apple logo appears and then appers tha "connect to itunes" logo...
    I haven't the phone with me yet,but I woul wanto to know if it is reparable via recovery mode or something.and it is on firmware 1.1.1.if somehow i could really connect it to itunes and do the recovery,would'nt it install the new 1.1.3?because I don't want that....
    I woul aprecciate your help!
    thanks

Whoa... hah I am confused by the post. Lemme rephrase everything for ya. You bought a used iPhone that has a problem. The phone won't turned on unless it's plugged into the computer and then when powered on you get the "Connect to iTunes" screen as if it's in recovery. You don't have the phone, but want to know when you get the phone is it possible to fix.

OK! The firmware is 1.1.1 and you want to keep it that. I would suggest downloading the 1.1.1 firmware (I can provide it to you if needed). Plug the phone in and power it up. When iTunes detects the iPhone is in recovery mode, you will want to hold down shift and then click the button. It will bring up a browse box - you can search for the 1.1.1 firmware and it will recover using that firmware. That should take care of the problem.

Do you know if the iPhone was modded in the past or if the error just started randomly one day? Also I would make sure you did not pay full price for this phone - if you bought a damaged phone, you may want to get a refund before touching anything.

ya...I knew it was that way and I paid a fair price for it.I bought it that way because I thought there would be a way to fix it.and guess I was right.but just one more thing.will the fact that I have windows instead of mac going to stop me in this recovery thing?
    and just one more thing...looks like if the iphone stays plugged in to a charger the power keeps recycling..will this be much of a trouble when going to recovery mode?
    The order is the following:
    1-iphone is plugged in to the charger
    2-iphone turns on and shows the apple logo
    3-iphone shows the image of a cable with an arrow with the symbol of itunes..not the recovery mode "connect to itunes" image
    4-iphone turns off and on again repeating all the numbers.

will it in recovery mode just stick into the "connect to itunes" thing?
    I'm asking this because I still do not have the phone to see if this works or not.i'm just asking this because i'm still able to get my money back!
    please answer me as quick as possible.

thanks
    Last edited by kakak; 01-22-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks

Sounds a little dodgy. I would get my money back and find a used one that is in better condition. There have been pretty decent deals on the classified section of this forum.

Good luck,
    e
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

i tried installing the 2.0 software but iTunes kept telling me to restore the iPhone. i did it three times and my phone still kept displaying the connect to iTunes logo with the USB. i went into control panel and accidently uninstalled the Iphone driver and now the Itunes can't recognize my iphone at all. my iphone is in restore condition and keeps restarting desplaying that itunes and usb logo. my computer can't re-install the driver again. is there any way i can undo everything? and my phone can start working again?

Quote Originally Posted by dugup46 View Post
    Whoa... hah I am confused by the post. Lemme rephrase everything for ya. You bought a used iPhone that has a problem. The phone won't turned on unless it's plugged into the computer and then when powered on you get the "Connect to iTunes" screen as if it's in recovery. You don't have the phone, but want to know when you get the phone is it possible to fix.

OK! The firmware is 1.1.1 and you want to keep it that. I would suggest downloading the 1.1.1 firmware (I can provide it to you if needed). Plug the phone in and power it up. When iTunes detects the iPhone is in recovery mode, you will want to hold down shift and then click the button. It will bring up a browse box - you can search for the 1.1.1 firmware and it will recover using that firmware. That should take care of the problem.

Do you know if the iPhone was modded in the past or if the error just started randomly one day? Also I would make sure you did not pay full price for this phone - if you bought a damaged phone, you may want to get a refund before touching anything.
    I have a simular problem, please help me.
    i have a iphone, it was unlocked but i think i reunlocked it because i restored it in itunes with an ugrade. Now when i plug in my iphone in itunes, itunes dont recongize it, so now i cant unlock it again.. when i try to unlock it... it says make sure itunes connects with iphone.. so now i just have a symbol of the plug connecting to itunes and its paused on that and wont do anything else..what do i do.???????????????????? please help me.
    or respond to my email at [email protected]

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? I have the same issue. I installed a new battery and the phone came right on and worked fine for a few minutes, then after it went into standby and it just started the same process all over again. Plug into wall it says connect to itunes...when I unplug it everything fades slowly away and I see lines and they fade.

I was able to get itunes to detect it once, when itunes tries to restore the phone went black again.

Default this worked for me
    bit of a delayed post i know but i had the same problem earlier this year. i unlocked my phone and then for some reason when i turned it off, i couldn't turn it back on and the itunes/usb logo would be shown. i took it to the tmobile guy and he said that if that ever happens, download this jailbreak software from blackra1n. (blackra1n.com) once you've downloaded it, connect your iphone via usb to the computer and follow the prompts. it takes about a minute and your phone will turn back on again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

are you sure about your bootrom before use redsnow use?
    Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: iPhone3Gs_4.2.1_8C148_Custom.[iPhoneRock.Com].ipsw

Guide :
    1. Connect your phone with PC and switch off
    2. Open redsn0w and choose Original firmware.
    3. If you have newboot just press “yes”
    4. now click “Next”
    5. Choose “Just Enter pwned DFU mode right now”
    6- now click “Next” again “Next” and follow the screen.
    * you can useb iReb for pwned DFU mode too.
    After that open itunes and press “Shift + Restore” and choose custom firmware 4.2.1
    it will finish very quickly
    Once you update you firmware
    1. Connect your phone with PC and switch off
    2. Open redsnow and choose Original firmware
    3. If you have newboot just press “yes”
    4. now click “Next”
    5. Choose Only “Install Cydia”
    6. now click “Next” again “Next” and follow the screen.
    If you r getting White Cydia Icon just switch of your phone and open redsnow choose Stock firmware 4.2.1 and choose the option “Just boot tethered right now” and click “next” again “next” then follow the screen then you will see the cydia.
    Finally you can see your phones is with your old Baseband. now just you can install the ultrasn0w 1.2 from Cydia
    3Gs Custom firmware link 4.2.1
    Last edited by sukhbira; 01-20-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Default iphone 1.1.1 stuck on connect to itunes
    hello,
    I'm hoping someone on this thread has something that can help me. Iíve been using iphone 1 for the longest time. It was jailbroken to begin with and its been fine until last night when it got wet in the rain. It flickered alot in the beginning and wouldnít turn on. When it finally did turn on (iím guessing after the last of the water dried up), the screen has the connect to itunes symbol.
    Any help on how to get this back to working condition would really be appreciated. Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't bump old threads :-/
    Download 3.1.3 ipsw for ur phone
    Shift restore in iTunes z