+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I install folders,theme,games on my iphone???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys I'm not really a computer whizz but I do know the basics.Is there any link I can go to to follow detailed instructions in how to install them???
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I install folders,theme,games on my iphone???
    Hi guys I'm not really a computer whizz but I do know the basics.Is there any link I can go to to follow detailed instructions in how to install them???

Thanks for your help in advance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

before someone else here surely does it in a mean fashion - I suggest that you PLEASE use the search feature on this forum.
    In short, there is NO way to do any of the things you are suggesting - especially adding folders. There are a few hacks for changing the homescreen cosmetically, but no real functionality hacks as of yet. Do a search and you'll find an enormous amount on info on here. Meanwhile, get ready - you're apt to get flamed for this post

Green Apple
    Thanks

Haha Minivini. I was tempted to but I'll play nice.

There's a wealth of information to be had here on MMi if you just click on any of the links. If you're having problems installing something, you'll find solutions or current problems here on the forums. The programs/guides/apps are all linked accordingly near the top of your screen. Even doing a search on Google will point you in the right direction (quite possibly back here, but straight to the article you were looking for).

For starters you'll most likely need to install SSH.
    http://cre.ations.net/blog/post/howt...on-your-iphone

For themes and the latest downloads available here on MMi:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php

Lastly, you may want to join the IRC channel on irc.moofspeak.net

Don't get me wrong, but did you even bother to look around before you posted?

Anyways, hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You know...flaming for asking this question is stupid. I just searched (I am also on the Black berry forum, and people get snippy and rude there too...utterly pointless)....and it CAME UP WITH THIS POST. How on earth does one find the answer, when all the search button does up pull up the SAME QUESTION

Thanks
    Some people are known to flame, and yeah, you should use the search button, BUT, your best bet would be to use the button on the side that says "Guide" in there is a great tut on how to get started. Make sure you REALLY are prepared for the challange. I've been hacking, oops "modding", for about 15 years now and I just had a REALLY close call where I almost killed a 1 day old iPhone. You've started out right so far by coming to this site, now just follow the guide.
    Good luck