+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 stuck on boot screen (silver pineapple)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi guys i ran fine with 2.0 for about a week. now, i just got the possprefs and poof off cydia, then the springboard had this rotatiing thing for some
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2.0 stuck on boot screen (silver pineapple)
    hi guys

i ran fine with 2.0 for about a week. now, i just got the possprefs and poof off cydia, then the springboard had this rotatiing thing for some time then i restarted (power+home button) and now i'm stuck with the silver pineapple...
    does someone know what to do?

thanks for your help....

it's ok now.. it finally restartet...sorry for the false alarm!

cheers
    Last edited by gorduxo; 07-25-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive had this happen a couple if times and eventually it's restarted.
    It's quite scary!
    It completely crashes and sticks at the pineapple until eventually it resets.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've had that now a couple of times

pwn'ed phone, installed apps through cydia and app-store and everything worked fine

then after a while - usually when installing an app through cydia - it "crashes" where it says return to cydia and after a hard reset its stuck booting at the Pineapple screen.

I've waited for at least 15 min but it wont come up.

Only solution was to restore the firmware through iTunes and restore mode again

any ideas ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

exactly the same here.

next time, try hard resetting and wait (plug the phone to you computer). if nothing happens hardreset again. wait. try hard reset again and wait.
    if any of those times itunes sees the phone dont hard reset again. fyi: the pineapple is still there, even if itunes sees the phone. but in my case when itunes sees the phone it's on it's way back...
    (sorry i'm in a hurry, i hope you understand my instructions)

waiting period: up to 15 min each time.

for me, that usually brings it back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Conn18's Avatar
    Thanks

And this is why custom boot logos are a a bad idea =)
    Can't return it to Apple noww, Can ya?

~ The wonderful world of iPod ♫

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conn18 View Post
    I dont think the custom boot logo caused it

not really helpfull........

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Except he meant that when they power it up to check it out, it is now quite obvious that is has been hacked and in breach of the TOA.

Meaning they will not help you at all, but laugh instead.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dirtybird1977's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Conn18 View Post
    Why wouldn't you be able to return it to Apple if you have custom boot logos? All you have to do is put it in DFU and restore to the stock 2.0 FW. In fact, if you plan on taking it in for service I would always restore to the factory FW. You don't want them seeing any signs of a jailbreak besides the custom boot logo.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtybird1977 For This Useful Post:

dashboarddax (08-09-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gorduxo View Post
    exactly the same here.

next time, try hard resetting and wait (plug the phone to you computer). if nothing happens hardreset again. wait. try hard reset again and wait.
    if any of those times itunes sees the phone dont hard reset again. fyi: the pineapple is still there, even if itunes sees the phone. but in my case when itunes sees the phone it's on it's way back...
    (sorry i'm in a hurry, i hope you understand my instructions)

waiting period: up to 15 min each time.

for me, that usually brings it back.
    So yea my iphone is freezing on the pineapple eventually too. like ill have all the apps i want on my iphone and then when i want to restart it just to restart it. it freezes on the pineapple logo and the only thing i can do is to just dfu it and then restore it back to stock 2.01 firmware and then jailbreak it again doing to big long ol process of restoring and backing up from and stuff so its a big hassle. I READ YOUR WAY of getting the pineapple logo to not freeze and making it go to the lock screen and working fine but i didnt really understand the hard reset and exactly what to do. if you could put some details like step by step what you do to get it off and the time for each step that would be a lotttttttt of help. thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my iphone was stuck too so i just restored it in itunes.the process takes about 15 minutes.always make sure to make a backup of apps etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atownshorti View Post
    my iphone was stuck too so i just restored it in itunes.the process takes about 15 minutes.always make sure to make a backup of apps etc.
    well yea my iphone was stuck too and ive restored it atleast 20 times by now. it seems i cant have a jailbroken phone unless i wanna restore it and jailbreak it again every time it freezes which is alot. i wanna find a way to unfreeze the apple or pineapple logo without restoring through itunes. like a way to kick it out of the freeze. i already know how to restore through itunes

Green Apple
    Thanks

sorry, i was a bit stoned when i wrote the post.

the thing is; if it is stuck on the pineapple...

step 1: put phone in dock
    step 2: hold power+home until it restart
    step 3: wait (up to 10 min)

repeat the steps until the phone shows up in itunes...it may still have the pineapple even itunes found it. if this is the case, wait for a few minutes then the lock screen should come up. if it doesn't start again at step1.
    there's not much else to do, except you feel like restoring the phone and do all over again to then be stuck at the logo again.

i hope this helps...

btw: i had success with that on 2.0 and 2.0.1 on a 1st gen 8 gb iphone....(pwnd)
    Last edited by gorduxo; 08-10-2008 at 06:03 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gorduxo For This Useful Post:

Latina_sweety06 (02-19-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright thanks man ill give it a try. ive got the same exact phone too so hopefully that'll work.

ill let you know

Green Apple
    Thanks

did it work out for any of you?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default :O
    um... i did the "plugi it/wait" thing... and like for 5 mintues it restarted on its own.. but it's still frzzd up.. itunes recognizes and everything i guess i'll have to wait some more..

i erased a patchd "mobile Installation"
    Im sure that was Freeazing up the iphone...
    my frnd has a thing with "no paid" apps... u.u
    Last edited by hokage; 08-10-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it happened to me too. i pwned the iphone 3g with 2.0.1 and after that i install couple apps from appstore and restarted the iphone and it froze on me i taught i needed to wait a minute or two but it keeped on the pineapple logo and nothing changed. i dont know what was the problem or the cause anyone ?? firmware bug or what hope fully dev team will fix it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

are all of you unlocked or just jailbroken?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think i figured out what the problem is. I sume that we all had to much on the iPhone, less than 1 GB because I tried Cydia with an empty iPhone and it worked without any problems. I also increased the partition to 1GB. Until now everything runs without prblems. How many memory have you left before Cydia crashed on your iPhone and how big is your storage? The same questions to these people whicht have no problems.

CU, Tommy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tommybiro View Post
    I think i figured out what the problem is. I sume that we all had to much on the iPhone, less than 1 GB because I tried Cydia with an empty iPhone and it worked without any problems. I also increased the partition to 1GB. Until now everything runs without prblems. How many memory have you left before Cydia crashed on your iPhone and how big is your storage? The same questions to these people whicht have no problems.

CU, Tommy
    I have a 1gen iphone 8gb. I only jailbreak with pwnage because i have an att contract. After i restore my iphone to my custom firmware and restore all my contacts and stuff, it seems that my iphone runs fine. I can restart it over and over again and it will restart fine (no freezing). After i install some legit appstore apps or add music or videos, and then do a restart or whatever, it freezes and ive got to dfu it and restore and try the process again.

You said something about memory and everything? What did you do with the partion and did it fix the problems? HELP WOULD BE AMAZING it seems you finally figured this out .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have installed everything before I synced the iPhone (empty phone memory) without any problems. During creating the custom firmware (expert mode) you can adjust the size of the partition using for apps. How much memory you have left before the iPhone starts to stuck in the boot screen, 1-2 GB? I'm not sure what exactly the problem is, less memory or the partition. Will try it out one day, or is here somebody who had the same problems (stucking in bootscreen) with a bigger partition? If that is really the problem, perhaps the creator of Cydia can fix that?

Regards, Tommy