Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using stolen iPhones

Default Using stolen iPhones
    I bought this new iPhone of a guy it works fine and all I jailbrake'd it.

Now I know that the iPhone is stolen even though he didn't tell me, I was wondering if there is any way to actually use the phone features of the iPhone? Without getting in trouble.

I seen stuff about like SIM cards and stuff but really don't know what all they mean.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

u r smart y r u putting blame on your friend ...be open we'll not say anything to u that stole it sssssshhhhhhhhhh

lol

wow , you buy a stolen phone then ask how to use it ?

Thanks

Wow.

Thanks

Well, no. You shouldn't have told us, because now I doubt people here are willing to support a stolen phone. I'm not. Return it and get your money back. That's all I'm saying.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Well, no. You shouldn't have told us, because now I doubt people here are willing to support a stolen phone. I'm not. Return it and get your money back. That's all I'm saying.
    agree, just get your money back and return this Phone!
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

I'm no thief I just couldn't pass a offer like that, You can't believe how long I waited for one. I just wanted a simple yes or no answer ABOUT my question.

But I guess you guys have something better to do *Sarcasm*

And I PAID for it just not the retail price what's so bad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by psibreaker View Post
    I'm no thief I just couldn't pass a offer like that, You can't believe how long I waited for one. I just wanted a simple yes or no answer ABOUT my question.

Tha fact that you dont know how wrong you are.............
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

This is not Sarcasm, i don't cnow about trubles on stolen phones, but one i cnow you connot change your IMEI on iPhone this is imposible - no, actualy you can, but iPhone after that stops working.
    anyway - i don't like stolen things...
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll throw you a reply, why the hell not. Yes you can probably using a turbosim or stealth sim and use the phone. There MAY be a way to track the serial number as it is unique to every unit. I don't have word on this. My guess would be tracking it through itunes updates.

I will also say this:
    The fact that you paid someone money for it doesn't make things better. The person who sold you it wasn't the rightful owner. The rightful producer of the product did not get their money.

Before I get flamed:
    I gave this guy an answer for one reason. Nobody is flaming anyone unlocking their phone to go with different providers. The fact of the matter is this is stealing too. We are taking away an AT&T contract and breaking the terms of use. Do I have moral problems with it? No, not really, as I use and iPhone on T_Mobile, but AT&T is feeling a hurt from this stuff just like apple might be feeling a hurt from people stealing these units. One form of theft is just physical, the other is digital (this includes all those fancy roms you have for gba, nes, etc.) It is easier to justify breaking rules when you do it digitally in the privacy of your own home than when you are shoplifting.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

the fact that you are asking for help and then disrespecting the other members, isnt going to help you get help.
    you sound like you shouldnt own an iphone anyways so go back to your sidekick

there is no blacklist for imei's in the US, and at&t does not participate in the imei database . besides a police report being filed nothing really happens. anyone who has ever had a phone stolen will tell you, it is next to impossible to get it back or catch the person who took it. you have to do something really dumb, such as going to an At&t store or calling apple for a warranty issue to get caught. Either that, or the phone was involved in a double homicide and the police think you are the killer.

Thank you sziklassy (couldn't have said it better my self) and aqua1

So about the sim card things how do they work?

Thank you sziklassy (couldn't have said it better my self) and aqua1

So about the sim card things how do they work?
    forget the fact that you walk in and unabashedly ask for help w/ an admittedly stolen phone, you don't deserve to have an iPhone if you have to ask what a SIM card is..

I'm no thief I just couldn't pass a offer like that
    Hate to break it to ya', but yes, you are a thief. And a scumbag.

Thanks

I'm no thief I just couldn't pass a offer like that,
    Ask a cop.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I've boughten a few iphones for under retail big time.... Stolen no.

People bought and where hard up for cash, retail receipt even included in deals.

Some people even buy it as its one of kind when released then everyone has one and they they dump/upgrade to dif phone.....just look at Motorola RAZR's...thing of the past and so will iphones in a year or 2.

As for if stolen can you get caught.............lets just say only way is if provider kills IMEI and even then if you jailbroke/unlocked you can use on dif provider. ALthough they coudl use triangulation to pin point IMEI and put a sting on you....but doubtful unless phone was Bill Gates or someone famous with power and money to track you down over a $400 phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

In my opinion you must be a simple minded sole, abit slow in the head to come on too a public forum and say you have bought a stolen phone.. why tell us that, why not just ask us how too unlock it or in your case about the sim cards (turbosim im guessing you mean). Admitting your iphone is stolen is just plain stupid and asking for abuse..

If you was that desparate (sp) for a iphone you would have saved up that little extra and bought one legally..

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

true that man. you have a phone that someone bought legally and had ripped off because douches like you support criminals. its a shame that people actually do this stuff

Default i dont think this guy should be gettin blasted like this
    im no thief but if i were presentted with a deal on an iphone or any other piece of tech for a cheap price i would take it. in a perfect world for retailers nobody would even be able to sell their used equitment even if they stood on line and paid a whopping $600, got stuck with a contract that rapes you, and realized they didnt like it. BIG BUISINESS doesnt care about the little consumer that saves up thier hard earned dollars that they are taxed on to buy these OVERpriced units that they UNDERpay to have produced and that is evident by the lack of INSURANCE for people who have their phones stolen."IF" this iphone that he bought was indeed stolen than that is truly unfurtunate for the original owner, but i feel everyone on here is being a tad bit hippocrtitical by slamming this kid who is in need of direction. i understand that the feelings that people are expressing stem from the thoughts inside--- "i would kill this chump if it was my phone he got" but how many of us would really have the resolve to pass up an iphone for lets say $225 i know damn well i couldnt.

just my 20cents p.s. im not on your side im just being HONEST, unlike SOME of these people, ALSO u dont have the right to get mad if someone slams you for asking noob questions, you can find answers to easy questions by simply searching it and the forum shouldnt be used for laziness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast