Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get songs off iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Try using diskaid

I have a somewhat similar question. However, I do want to only be able to transfer my iPhone playlists to my iTunes on my computer. I already have all the song files loaded in my Media library folder. The songs show and play fine within iTunes so I do not need to transfer them again.

The IT guy at the place where I work transferred my home-based iTunes library to my new work laptop, all my original playlists are gone from my new library but are still on my home iTunes and on my iPhone. As a result, I only need to transfer the playlist entries from my iPhone to my iTunes on my laptop (at least this is my idea). Is this possible? And if yes, how?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kypaintballfreak View Post
    it is in weird folders and like names weird

like FF0 and DHKA.mp3

is there a program that takes it off?
    myTunes in Cydia converts the DHKA.mp3 style layout to theirsongtitle.mp3 and lists them in its own folder for you.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimba View Post
    I have a somewhat similar question. However, I do want to only be able to transfer my iPhone playlists to my iTunes on my computer. I already have all the song files loaded in my Media library folder. The songs show and play fine within iTunes so I do not need to transfer them again.

The IT guy at the place where I work transferred my home-based iTunes library to my new work laptop, all my original playlists are gone from my new library but are still on my home iTunes and on my iPhone. As a result, I only need to transfer the playlist entries from my iPhone to my iTunes on my laptop (at least this is my idea). Is this possible? And if yes, how?
    This tutorial will help you: How to Transfer iTunes Library to a New Computer
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

You have two choices:

1. Use a third-party program to transfer your iPhone playlists to your work laptop. CopyTrans will transfer the playlist entries only without creating duplicate tracks in your iTunes library.

2. Ask your IT guy (you could also probably do it yourself with the needed care) to re-transfer your iTunes library from your home PC to your laptop. Follow the guide which H4CK3R provided or this detailed iLounge article.

Quote Originally Posted by slimba View Post
    ... all my original playlists are gone from my new library but are still on my home iTunes and on my iPhone. As a result, I only need to transfer the playlist entries from my iPhone to my iTunes on my laptop
    Looks like the IT guy manually transferred only your iTunes Media Folder which contains your audio tracks without the actual iTunes library.itl and .xml files which contain data about playlists, track playcount, star-rating, etc. you can verify if the above is true by opening your iTunes and checking whether you have your star-ratings and playcounts as part of the info listed for individual tracks in your library.
    Last edited by Wyman; 07-12-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Thank you all for your detailed replies. After reading the articles on iLounge and about.com, I ended up using the copytrans app to transfer the playlist entries. Worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12