Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hacktivating Question... I have a 1.1.1 and a 1.1.2 iPhone

Default Hacktivating Question... I have a 1.1.1 and a 1.1.2 iPhone
    Ok, I have a unique situation. Please stay with me.

I have an activated 1.1.1 iPhone that is running on AT&T. It is jailbroken and fully functional.

I recently purchased a new iPhone (1.1.2 OTB) so it cannot be unlocked with ANYsim, only jailbroken. This phone is to be used on T-Mobile.

So, I've jailbroken the new 1.1.2 OTB phone, and I have all functionality aside from the phone features.

I still have my working 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone that does not have the new 4.6 bootloader, so I'm wondering...

Could I take the new 1.1.2 OTB iPhone, and through iTunes "Replace an existing phone" for my AT&T account, then pop in my SIM card from my working 1.1.1 phone and be up and running?

I'm not understanding why a jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB phone cannot have phone functions.

If I take the new 1.1.2 OTB phone and restore it to factory defaults, then activate it through iTunes by choosing the "Replace existing phone" option, could I then jailbreak it and have a fully functional, and jailbroken 1.1.2 phone?

If so, I would just keep it for myself, and use my old 1.1.1 phone and unlock it with AnySim and give that one to my sister to use on T-Mobile.

I hope I've been clear on what I'm asking. Any constructive input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 01-10-2008 at 08:13 AM.

Just take the sim out of your 1.1.1 and pop it in your 1.1.2 after restoring it and it will work. It doesnt matter what iPhone is connected to itunes for it to activate it as long as YOUR sim card is in it. So just use 1.1.2 for your ATT and use anysim to unlock your 1.1.1.

But, do you think I will be able to then jailbreak the activated 112 OTB iPhone and have all of the functionality I currently have on my 111?

I don't want to simply have an activated 112 OTB iPhone. I want it to be jailbroken as well. It doesn't have to be unlocked with anySim, just jailbroken.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

you can still jailbreak the 1.1.2 phone after its activated..restore the phone to 1.1.1 firmware and use the wifi to go to www.jailbreakme.com
    then download the oktoprep app and then update to 1.1.2 then use the 1.1.2 jailbreak app to jailbreak the phone
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon