Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nokia N95 8GB VS iPhone Apple 8GB

Default Nokia N95 8GB VS iPhone Apple 8GB
    Hi guys,
    I am new here and going to buy one of them so I wanted to know your opinions. Please drop me your beliefs that can I determine to buy one of them.
    Illuminate me please!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

nokia has a better camera and utilities
    iphone has looks and the apple jazz to its name

got em both so i know how they work..apples is easier to use and access features but that nokia camera is gorgeous
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

The Iphone camera photos look clearer than the N95 ones. IMO
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Wow, well; I had this dilemma myself sometime back. I chose the iPhone, because the N95 hands down did not perform, and did not feel like a $750 phone; and the iPhone literally is a dream to interact with; making it feel like it's worth its weight in gold.

Now the tables have turned a bit considering the improvements to the 8GB version. The 8GB performs substantially better over the previous model so these two phones do have a chance of comparison now.

Before I go any further though, I am gonna say that everyone has their own reasons for choosing a product, therefore we could argue forever about what is better, but I can only say what my criteria are for choosing and go from there; others may and surely will, have different opinions.

My criteria for choosing cellphones are: feels (sexyness (design), looks (interface & ease of use), and of course performance (features).

Ok, so now the 8GB version is better than the original n95, my cousin works in the Nokia store on 57th, so I've been messing with it for a while. It has 4 times the amount of RAM, and a bigger hard drive and improvements to the interface, with some new software (NGage gaming, Nokia Music store etc.) and even has some design changes such as a bigger screen that's flush with the phone, better use of materials etc. As a result, it performs better, interface is easier on the eyes, and feels better in the hand.

Saying all of that about the N95 8Gb, I also have to say that if I had to make the decision today between the iPhone and the Nokia; I would take the iPhone.

These phones amongst many other modern phones today are, AMAZING, just amazing. The techonolgy being put into these devices today are allowing us to do so much more, rely on them so much more, and therefore spend so much more time on them. With maps, e-mail, stocks, cameras, and IM, most of us feel naked if we leave our cells at home, or god forbid lose them.

And that is my key point. For me to spend so much time on a device daily and to be so attacthced to it, it has to be pleasure to use. The iPhone simply is a pleasure to use, and the N95 is super productive and convenient. It's like a dog. Would you rather a dog that doesn't know some of the tricks he should know but is a pleasure to be around and play with, or do you want a super dog that can hunt for quale in the woods, but snarls occasionally at your kids, and you have to lock him in the shed sometimes?.......iPhone baby, if you're gonna rely, depend on and use your cell phone this much why not have it put a smile on your face at the same time. That's why I got mine.

Hope I helped...good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by BEEKS; 01-09-2008 at 04:59 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BEEKS For This Useful Post:

pokekid (01-09-2008)

Iphone is better than the N95 you cant say anything about that.

Beeks, your review is dead on. I have given this rant several times and agree with you 100% on all your points.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Well what i dislike about the N95 is the design the GUI and they don't keep it original if you know what i mean.

Default Re:
    Hi,
    N95 beats iPhone like hell, apple is new in the game so it canít really beat the legend Nokia, iPhone might not be even user friendly but we do know that Nokia is. Check out http://www.swotti.com/mobilephones and get N95 Vs iPhone comparison based in user experienced opinions. Hope this will help you to finalize.

It comes down to this.

Iphone: Computer like, nice GUI, pretty good 3rd party whistles n toys. And o'K stock features.

N95: A genuine mobile phone and a brand name of Nokia. And pretty good stock features.

IMO, i use the following phones in less than 3 months, - NOKIA N95 - HTC Kaiser - APPLE iPhone *(using actually the iphone)* and i can say the most pretty, usefull, and funny is the iPhone, is a dream,
    Then i chosse the HTC Kaiser as second place, HTC Kaiser is the second most popular phone and the best Smartphone actually on the market.

Third,Why you want to buy a phone that doesn't have touchscreen, the wifi feature is a CRAP and the camera have nice resolution but is very slow you have to place somebody 5 second in the position for the phone take the picture, also the Symbian OS its running slowly like hell,

Buy an iPhone ! ! !