Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone broke, screen adhesive? Help!

Question iPhone broke, screen adhesive? Help!
    I have now been without my poor iphone for 3 weeks! I just got my (black) backing in and glued the pieces in (fingers crossed) everything seems to fit. So I went ahead and ordered my screen replacement, while it is in transit, I got to wondering what to use to put it back on! (crap). I noticed when I removed the screen / digitizer it was adhered to the black metal frame with that thin tacky stuff! What should I use to adhere the screen/digitizer back to the panel with the button?? I was going to use quick-tite super glue gel that I used. I also heard rubber cement, but I did not think that would adhere very well. (note to self... make sure the button is on before placing screen back on!) haha

Thanks for that anyway, I don't hope I will need that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The LCD mounts to the frame using pressure fit tabs, you don't NEED anything else. The trim covers the edges of the glass, the lcd holds itself to the frame.

/Done.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Post some pics if you can
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings