Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore iphone without unlocking again

Smile Restore iphone without unlocking again
    hi wanted to know something, i searched and found this website on google, and i just recently recieved an unlocked iphone which was purchased brand new from ebay for christmas which i use with tmobile sim card, and i noticed it froze and i read the instructions to restart and it went back to being okay, now what if it didnt restart and you had to restore the iphone, since you cant update it and stuff like that, and its not under warranty since its unlocked, would i have to figure out how to unlock it again or would the restore not make me have to unlock it again, i wanted to know becuase it scares me a little since i dont really know how to unlock the iphone, i wouldnt know what to do what are my options if the iphone has to be restored, or restored to factory settings or if i couldnt restart it , thank you so much everyone, ive been worried about that since i got the iphone,,,,,

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chopperdreydey View Post
    hi wanted to know something, i searched and found this website on google, and i just recently recieved an unlocked iphone which was purchased brand new from ebay for christmas which i use with tmobile sim card, and i noticed it froze and i read the instructions to restart and it went back to being okay, now what if it didnt restart and you had to restore the iphone, since you cant update it and stuff like that, and its not under warranty since its unlocked, would i have to figure out how to unlock it again or would the restore not make me have to unlock it again, i wanted to know becuase it scares me a little since i dont really know how to unlock the iphone, i wouldnt know what to do what are my options if the iphone has to be restored, or restored to factory settings or if i couldnt restart it , thank you so much everyone, ive been worried about that since i got the iphone,,,,,
    If you restore the phone, you will have to unlock it all over again, don't restore unless you know how to unlock it back.

is it hard t unlock I've seen in the forum where it says it doesn't take long and is very a simple process and also when I download slot of third party apps does it damage the phone thanks I appreciate the quick response

Default need information please
    is there anyway to fix the iPhone if it freezes.

hi iveveryone.
    Last edited by chopperdreydey; 01-10-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

when it freezes?
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chopperdreydey View Post
    It depends what firmware and baseband you have. If you are on 1.0.2 or 1.1.1 and have the 04.02.13G baseband you can upgrade to 1.1.2 and it will still be unlocked.
    If you are still on 1.0.2 firmware, then you have to unlock it again after you upgrade
    To live, you have to lie