+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iActivator & non-working (locked) AT&T sim?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does iActivator require you to have a valid, working (non-activated) AT&T sim in the phone? I've managed to lock my AT&T sim (stupid, I know) and can't request a PUK
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iActivator & non-working (locked) AT&T sim?
    Does iActivator require you to have a valid, working (non-activated) AT&T sim in the phone? I've managed to lock my AT&T sim (stupid, I know) and can't request a PUK as I'm in the UK and have only previously activated the phone via iActivator.

I'm fine at the moment but I'm wondering if I'll be able to do a firmware upgrade/restore/deactivate/reactivate using iActivator if the AT&T sim is not present in the phone. I've removed the AT&T sim and can sync etc with no problems.

Question remains: do I need the sim in the iPhone to use iActivator again should I need to? I can jailbreak but I'm not sure what happens if I deactivated and then tried to reactivate.

Thanks

Update:

I've checked with AT&T - they're happy to accept that I have a "damaged" sim, but will not send new sim cards abroad to unactivated accounts. No surprise, there.

But anyone can walk into an AT&T store in the States, say they've damaged their sim, not have to have the orginal sim or the iPhone and they will sell a new, unactivated sim for the iPhone for $20 to $30.

So all I need is to find someone in the States to do that for me! As I want to try the Turbo Sim method I'm going to have to get another AT&T sim.

Can anyone help? I can PayPal a payment for the cost of the sim and postage.
    Last edited by modmyitoo; 08-14-2007 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost