Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone activation

Default iphone activation
    just spoke with a customer service rep at Apple's Online store help number (1-800-MYAPPLE) Was told that the apple online and retail stores are just providing the phones and will have nothing to do with activation. As for sale time at the online store, 6 PM local time also goes, even though i do not know how this would work because how would apple know what time zone you are in while logging on their online store, but hey take it for what it is worth.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,806 Times in 1,226 Posts

Did they say how the phone will be activated?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

they just told me that everything will be done through ATT/Cingular, that is it.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Interesting. I wonder how that means? The two primary rumors I've heard is you will have to actually call AT&T customer care and they will set you up with an account, or it will activate through iTunes.

yea, the only reason it concerned me was because the account is in my parents name and i didn't want to go to an apple or att store, wait for hours, finally get to buy the phone and have them tell me that i need the account holder there to purchase the phone, which in that case i might fight someone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Right. I guess you'll be ok at the Apple store then. But like I said in the other thread, don't do it via the AT&T store unless the account holder is there. I was in that business for 6 years, it won't happen now with a device like that.

exactly, but i dont want to get to apple and have 200 people waiting there in line before me, they def wont have 200 iphones in stock. I have work til 12 so i can get there at the earliest 1, which i am hoping is early enough

Yeah, 1 should be okay, im shooting for somewhere around 8am.