View Poll Results: Where will you buy your iPhone?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple Store

12 35.29%
  • AT&T Store

15 44.12%

7 20.59%
+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are you going to buy your iphone? AT&T or APPLE STORE

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Where do you think you have the best chance of getting an iphone, the AT&T Store or Apple Store? Will one have a larger amount in stock? Also, what time
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Where are you going to buy your iphone? AT&T or APPLE STORE
    Where do you think you have the best chance of getting an iphone, the AT&T Store or Apple Store? Will one have a larger amount in stock? Also, what time would you begin to lineup to wait for your iphone?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Apple will have more stock, ATT is a better bet imho (most people don't know the difference between corporate and reseller stores). Also the two apple stores here are crowded 24/7 without a product launch.

I'm not one for standing in lines, the corporate ATT store downtown happens to be tucked in right behind outdoor tables for rock bottom brewery. I think I will grab a table at like 4pm, and if it looks like a line is forming hop in line

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Upgraded to a poll. I'm getting mine at the Apple store.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What time do you think I should arrive at the apple store on the 29th?

Uko
    Thanks

If all of them will be locked, I don't care.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i keep reading posts from people that seem to think that it is not going to be as hard to obtain an iphone on launch day than originally expected. I don't know if I have to get to a store at 12, or can I roll over there at 3 or 4 when they close and still be good

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyneShevlin View Post
    i keep reading posts from people that seem to think that it is not going to be as hard to obtain an iphone on launch day than originally expected. I don't know if I have to get to a store at 12, or can I roll over there at 3 or 4 when they close and still be good
    I agree, I even think walking into the local apple store 30 mins prior would be fine, except you might have to wait 3 hours until one of the customer service people gets to you hahahha, stupid overcrowded apple stores, I like the store, it's just wayyy too busy

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yah it does always take forever to get help there. I'll be there before opening on the 29th, and hang out there all day if need be--I owned a few businesses in our local mall, so I used to spend 7 days a week there anyway. It'll be just like home.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Yah it does always take forever to get help there. I'll be there before opening on the 29th, and hang out there all day if need be--I owned a few businesses in our local mall, so I used to spend 7 days a week there anyway. It'll be just like home.
    mall rat

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Paid the bills.

And then some.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just wonder if I am going to get to this apple store at 12 or 1 and have 120 people in line already, and I know we will never know launch quantity for any store before launch.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

it it has a ton of people run to the nearest corporate att store :d

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well their are att stores closer to me, but i am a current att customer and my account is in my mom or dad's name, I am 20 and could open a new account but I get a cheaper rate on a family plan. I know all the account info, last 4 digits of social security number, for verification. I do not want to go to att and stand in line and have them tell me ohh we can't make any changes to your account or sell you an iphone because the account holder is not here. That is why I was wondering how are they going to activate the phone if you buy it from the apple store.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I asked my work to let me leave early on the 29th (around noon). I'll drive on down to my chosen AT&T store and see what the situation looks like.

Heh heh, I remember when I first heard about the iPhone: "Naw, I'll let all the Apple geeks get theirs first, then wait for reports about battery life and buy mine later on..."

Another good idea shot to hell...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I do not want to go to att and stand in line and have them tell me ohh we can't make any changes to your account or sell you an iphone because the account holder is not here.
    I guarantee you there isn't a chance in hell they will sell you that phone without the account holder present. If he/she can't be there, you're best bet is to sign it up in your name (run a credit check online with them first if you're worried about eligibility) and then when you get home have AT&T do a change of financial responsibility, or COFR, to put it back in your folks' name.

Thanks
    The way I see it is.... they will almost most certainly be manufactured in Asia. And if the exchange rate works in my favor, Im gonna get my friend in the Phillipines to snag one for me. Im assuming they will be more readily available in the Pacific Rim.
    Last edited by Jacknmary; 06-19-2007 at 04:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just spoke with a customer service rep at Apple's Online store help number (1-800-MYAPPLE) Was told that the apple online and retail stores are just providing the phones and will have nothing to do with activation. As for sale time at the online store, 6 PM local time also goes, even though i do not know how this would work because how would apple know what time zone you are in while logging on their online store, but hey take it for what it is worth.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

They log your IP and can tell which time zone your in, same as Google serves up local results when you search.

Did they say how the phones will be activated? Through a 1-800 number, or iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

nope they had no other specific details for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

I know... details sure would be nice! Its like they've setup this complete contradiction in that there will be NO discount/subsidizing of the iPhone, Apple stores won't do the activation, but yet you can buy one there. What's to stop people from buying as many as they can carry and horking them on ebay? Obviously whomever wants to use one will need at&t for service eventually and at&t can require the 2-year contract / data plan etc. at that time. But how would they be able to require you to sign up for 2-year contract if the store selling it to you doesn't do the activation? Its just very confusing. I feel like I'm living in the tv show LOST.