Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Itunes Restore Error (6)

Default Itunes Restore Error (6)
    Hey, I have a 1st gen iphone with firmware 1.1.4

today when i was trying to get the 2.0 firmware I clicked restore (with my phone on) and it downloaded the 2.0 firmware of course..

then as it was updating an error occured it sais

The Iphone "iphone" could not be restored An Unknown error has occured (6)

How Can I fix this?

I jailbroke the Iphone with Ziphone 3.0
    Latest Sig

I have a 3G phone and i am getting the same error when i tried to restore.

Also getting this error, has anyone found a solution?
    Now I can't use my phone because it is locked.

Default same here
    I tried to switch between cables(5V to 10V)( i use a USB cable for iphone headset), I set new account,

NOTHING helps I stuck in iPhone could not be restored error 6

any help???

I tried removing the SIM Card, restored apple default, nothing seems to work.

Default well
    I read on forums somwhere, that it may caused car chargers...
    I use a lot while I am driving, COuld this mean that iphone is hardwarely broken???

I dont know, i m stuck on error 6, after restore is finished,
    first it happens I was 1.1.4, I was watching videos over MxTube, it stopped, crashes and let me in recovery mode saying connect to itunes
    I thought I was forced by apple to update to 2.0(few days before i updated itunes to 7.7, sounds paranoid, but I DIDNT want 2.0 firmware, also I was careful about accidentally hit button to restore in tunes!!!!

So I upgraded ad unlocked 2.0 with PwnageTool 2.0.1, there were some complications, but after few tries it succesfully installed

I was using this 2.0 for two days, and again it crashes and left me n restore mode, but this time, with no luck to upgrade, downgrade, or even just succesfully finished the restore...ERROR 6 says everytime...

I need to try different computer, thats what helped my friend to get out of this mess

But I would prefer if it can be fixed and hope it is a software problem blocking from apple to NOT have their iphones in countries where it was not able to provide this great phone, and the number of sold iphones was also by these people who make iphone also popular outside US(first)

So, steve, dont forget about ppl who cares

I managed to install 2.0 on my 1Gen Iphone.
    The problem was that I wasnt correctly in DFU mode.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default your in dfu mode when?
    your in dfu mode when you see the usb plug and the itunes logo right?? i tried using winpwn and got all the way to the end tried to restore using custom firmware and got the error (6) message.. does anyone else have this problem. and help would be appreciated..

No, that means you are in Restore mode.
    DFU mode shows a blank screen.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Absolute For This Useful Post:

slacker4_1 (07-26-2008)

Thanks

Default ok thanx
    so how do you get the blank screen?? i hold the sleep and home button until the phone goes blank then release the sleep will holding down the home then plug it into the dock right??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it happened to me with the 3G...
    i think, because ofthe fact that i was an AT&T customer, i had to uncheck Youtube Fix and Activate when i loaded the custom firmware.. maybe thats ur case too.. cuz it worked for me..So what you need to do is:

Make a custom FW with only Cydia checked and UNCHECK youtube fix and Activate phonme

Thanks

i've tried what you suggested tomer now i get an error message 1600 and 1601 when i try to restore.. i know im in dfu mode now.. but can't figure out what the problem is..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

try to get the phone working, i will assume you use FW 1.1.4.. kick it out of DFU mode with ziphone or iLiberty+.. then pwn your phone with winpwn, when its pwned upload(click shift of Restore in itunes method type of thing) a custom firmware that has no activation checked or youtube fix...

try and tell me

Have you managed to fix it? I got 2.0 already and Im loving it.

Thanks

I was experiencing error 6 with my 3G on the first weekend, as was my friend. It happened when we tried to download the 5A347 firmware. Nothing we did would let us complete a restore... tried just reinstalling the 5A345 firmware and same thing.

We thought that maybe if we tried it on a MAC it would work, so we both went to the apple store and explained the situation. They successfully restored both our phones on their demo computers!!!

So... if you have access to an Apple computer, try that.
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

I believe what they did ASar08, is place the phones in DFU mode then did the restore with itunes on the macs, however it should work on the pc aswell, im having the same trouble now, if it does work il let you guys know

You guys are probably wondering how to get the phone into DFU Mode do the following below, took me quite awhile to find this

* Attach the phone to the pc
    * Turn the phone off
    * Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds [make sure its still connected]
    * Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Ok it worked, but once the phone is in DFU mode, you must remove itunes 7.7 and go for a lower version of itunes, i used itunes 7.5 before hitting the restore button hold shift and select the 1.1.4 restore [yea you gotta download that aswell] and your good to go

Working phone with FW 1.1.4

best of luck to u guys
    Last edited by thebug3000; 08-01-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost