+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you connect the iPhone 3G to a LEAP Network??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I can not figure out how to get my iPhone 3G connected to my company's wireless LEAP network...Has anyone come across this and has been successful?? I know the SSID...We
    Thanks

Exclamation How do you connect the iPhone 3G to a LEAP Network??
    I can not figure out how to get my iPhone 3G connected to my company's wireless LEAP network...Has anyone come across this and has been successful?? I know the SSID...We have WEP Encryption with 802.1X LEAP authentication...There are no options to choose these types of settings...The Blackberrys the company uses can connect easily...They just select LEAP and enter their username and password, that's it...But what about the freakin iPhone?? Anyone have any ideas??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use the iPhone Configuration Utility native or web version and create a profile that configures LEAP and then mail it to yourself on the iPhone and import the configuration.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have also heard you can select "WPA Enterprise" or "WPA2 Enterprise", but neither worked for me, as well as the configuration profile I created with LEAP.

I have heard that our company is using some kind of special LEAP parameter that is incompatible with iPhone.

My Mac laptop (10.4.11) connects just fine though.