+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked OOB 1.1.2 - Error after using car stereo adapter.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Recently bought a OOB 1.1.2 iPhone and got it unlocked with a guy. It was working fine until I tried charging with a Belkin Car Stereo Adapter. I started seeing
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Unlocked OOB 1.1.2 - Error after using car stereo adapter.
    Recently bought a OOB 1.1.2 iPhone and got it unlocked with a guy. It was working fine until I tried charging with a Belkin Car Stereo Adapter. I started seeing No Service and after less than 4 hours, it stopped working. Using iTunes, I did restore to factory defaults and that is when I saw these errors.

Display on my iPhone:
    Incorrect SIM
    Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone

Display on my iTunes:
    There is a problem wiht your iPhone.
    We're sorry, the iPhone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple Store for more information...."

Can anyone please please help me?

Thanks,
    Rahul

Thanks

try and downgrade then upgrade again following this tutorial:-

STEP 1 - DOWNGRADE YOUR 1.1.2 OTB to 1.1.1

1. download 1.1.1 firmware here:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

2. Connect your iPhone to your PC and do the following: press both, sleep and home button for 10 seconds, around the 8th second the screen will turn black, still hold the two buttons and the iPhone will turn back on. When it turns on, release the sleep button but still hold the home button until you see a screen with the cable. You are now in restore-mode. DO NOT unplug the iPhone

3. start iTunes 7.5; iTunes will report that it found an iPhone in recovery mode; press the restore button WHILE holding the SHIFT-key; in the upcoming filechooser just choose the 1.1.1-firmware-file (iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw) you just downloaded; iTunes will now downgrade the iPhone to 1.1.1 (which may take a while) and then report the errorcode 1015 or 1011, which is not important and can be dismissed.

4. shut down iTunes

STEP 1 - DONE!

STEP 2 - JAILBREAK and ACTIVATION

1. download iBrickr here:

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

2. Unzip it to a folder of your choice on your PC

3. start iBrickr it will prompt you on how to get your phone out of recovery mode.

4. (jailbreak) Assuming that you got the "activate" screen close iTunes and slide to unlock to the emergency keypad, dial *#307#, the phone will ring, then press backspace to clear the numbers, then press 1, then dial, the phone will ring again, press answer, then press hold, the phone will ring again, press dismiss, then go to contacts, add 2 contacts, one is: name p and url prefs://1F and the other is name j and url http://jailbreakme.com, save them and go to contact p and click on prefs://1F, this will take to set up your Wi-Fi, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and press home button, this will take you to the "activate" screen, slide to unlock, then dial 1, the phone will ring, answer and then press hold, it will ring again, then press dismiss, that will take you to contacts, select contact j and click on url http://jailbreakme.com. this will open the browser to AppSnapp Webapp site, just choose " Install AppSnapp" at the bottom of the site, safari wil crash and then you will have to wait about 2 minutes, the phone will restart and you have a jailbroken 1.1.1.

5. on your iPhone click Installer and check if you are prompted to update the installer / if an update is available, if yes, just do so (after it is done click the home button and wait for the iPhone to do a soft reset then slide to unlock.), if no, proceed to next step.

6. (oktoprep) Open iTunes, sync or setup if you have to and make sure you are on the main screen with update and restore buttons available. NOW on your phone click Installer (blue icon) and install Oktoprep, it is under Tweaks 1.1.1., and wait for it to say it is ok blah blah blah, then press home button and wait for a soft reset. (( do not restart phone ))

7. (update to 1.1.2) On iTunes press UPDATE. it will update your phone to 1.1.2 without errors, wait for it to finish, a picture of a plug will appear on the iPhone and it will tell you to slide to unlock in Gibberish, on iTunes it will tell you, that you need iTunes 7.5 or higher to activate you phone.
    (do an UPDATE, NOT a restore! OF COURSE ONLY DO THIS WHEN IT IS 1.1.2 YOU ARE PROMPTED FOR! AS SOON AS APPLE RELEASES e.g. 1.1.3 or 1.2 or anything else HIGHER THAN 1.1.2, THIS STEP WON´T BE POSSIBLE ANYMORE! at least not this way....)

8. shut down iTunes

9. download and unpack this:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

10. open "jailbreak.jar" (JAVA has to be installed) and wait til the process is finished, iPhone will reboot twice during this
    (if jailbreak.jar does not work, try windows.bat)

STEP 2 - DONE! Your iPhone is now jailbroken and activated running 1.1.2

you probably dont need to unlock sim as i didnt as it was previously unlocked

mine works fine now

Green Apple
    Thanks

how did u get ur iphone unlocked ??? sim adapter ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deathhobbit View Post
    try and downgrade then upgrade again following this tutorial:-

STEP 1 - DOWNGRADE YOUR 1.1.2 OTB to 1.1.1

1. download 1.1.1 firmware here:

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

2. Connect your iPhone to your PC and do the following: press both, sleep and home button for 10 seconds, around the 8th second the screen will turn black, still hold the two buttons and the iPhone will turn back on. When it turns on, release the sleep button but still hold the home button until you see a screen with the cable. You are now in restore-mode. DO NOT unplug the iPhone

3. start iTunes 7.5; iTunes will report that it found an iPhone in recovery mode; press the restore button WHILE holding the SHIFT-key; in the upcoming filechooser just choose the 1.1.1-firmware-file (iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw) you just downloaded; iTunes will now downgrade the iPhone to 1.1.1 (which may take a while) and then report the errorcode 1015 or 1011, which is not important and can be dismissed.

4. shut down iTunes

STEP 1 - DONE!

STEP 2 - JAILBREAK and ACTIVATION

1. download iBrickr here:

http://ibrickr.com/downloads/ibrickr_v0.91.zip

2. Unzip it to a folder of your choice on your PC

3. start iBrickr it will prompt you on how to get your phone out of recovery mode.

4. (jailbreak) Assuming that you got the "activate" screen close iTunes and slide to unlock to the emergency keypad, dial *#307#, the phone will ring, then press backspace to clear the numbers, then press 1, then dial, the phone will ring again, press answer, then press hold, the phone will ring again, press dismiss, then go to contacts, add 2 contacts, one is: name p and url prefs://1F and the other is name j and url http://jailbreakme.com, save them and go to contact p and click on prefs://1F, this will take to set up your Wi-Fi, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi and press home button, this will take you to the "activate" screen, slide to unlock, then dial 1, the phone will ring, answer and then press hold, it will ring again, then press dismiss, that will take you to contacts, select contact j and click on url http://jailbreakme.com. this will open the browser to AppSnapp Webapp site, just choose " Install AppSnapp" at the bottom of the site, safari wil crash and then you will have to wait about 2 minutes, the phone will restart and you have a jailbroken 1.1.1.

5. on your iPhone click Installer and check if you are prompted to update the installer / if an update is available, if yes, just do so (after it is done click the home button and wait for the iPhone to do a soft reset then slide to unlock.), if no, proceed to next step.

6. (oktoprep) Open iTunes, sync or setup if you have to and make sure you are on the main screen with update and restore buttons available. NOW on your phone click Installer (blue icon) and install Oktoprep, it is under Tweaks 1.1.1., and wait for it to say it is ok blah blah blah, then press home button and wait for a soft reset. (( do not restart phone ))

7. (update to 1.1.2) On iTunes press UPDATE. it will update your phone to 1.1.2 without errors, wait for it to finish, a picture of a plug will appear on the iPhone and it will tell you to slide to unlock in Gibberish, on iTunes it will tell you, that you need iTunes 7.5 or higher to activate you phone.
    (do an UPDATE, NOT a restore! OF COURSE ONLY DO THIS WHEN IT IS 1.1.2 YOU ARE PROMPTED FOR! AS SOON AS APPLE RELEASES e.g. 1.1.3 or 1.2 or anything else HIGHER THAN 1.1.2, THIS STEP WON´T BE POSSIBLE ANYMORE! at least not this way....)

8. shut down iTunes

9. download and unpack this:
    http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

10. open "jailbreak.jar" (JAVA has to be installed) and wait til the process is finished, iPhone will reboot twice during this
    (if jailbreak.jar does not work, try windows.bat)

STEP 2 - DONE! Your iPhone is now jailbroken and activated running 1.1.2

you probably dont need to unlock sim as i didnt as it was previously unlocked

mine works fine now
    Dude DeathHobbit,

Thanks so much for your reply which is really detail for a novice like me. Everything worked great till the Jailbreak (step 4). I tried performing Step 4 and my iPhone shows that Wi-Fi is disabled and shows 'No Wi-Fi'. I do not know what to do and am stuck here.

Can you please help...

Really really appreciate this...

Thanks
    Rahul

Thanks

read step 4 again follow it to the letter add a contact lastname p add prefs://1f

to the url bit

then save once savedclick on prefs://1f this will take you to your wifi section then join the wifi in your house

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess my problem is the No Wi Fi is disabled. So there is no way that I can enable that...