+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Camera Driver install fails on Windows Vista

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Folks, I've done some searching on this issue but havn't had much luck fixing it. I have an 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone. On vista, the digital still camera driver fails
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question iPhone Camera Driver install fails on Windows Vista
    Hi Folks,

I've done some searching on this issue but havn't had much luck fixing it. I have an 1.1.1 jailbroken iPhone. On vista, the digital still camera driver fails to install and I can't copy off my photos onto the computer. Now i can of course SSH and all the other stuff but I would like this fixed for when i pop the iphone into someone else's computer. Any ideas on what to fix including any folder permissions that may need repair?

Thanks.Trifster

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

I am having the exact same problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have this problem too, but with WinXP.
    Picasa Web Albums - JulioHM - Temp

iPhone camera drivers just won't get installed when you plug the phone in. I've tried a lot of things, but no luck.

Anyone has any progress on this?
    Last edited by juliohm; 10-05-2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by juliohm View Post
    I have this problem too, but with WinXP.
    Picasa Web Albums - JulioHM - Temp

iPhone camera drivers just won't get installed when you plug the phone in. I've tried a lot of things, but no luck.

Anyone has any progress on this?
    I had this issue, and upon searching found this thread... I finally figured a way to make Vista(Ultimate x64 in my case)recognize the Iphone and load the appropriate drivers.

Plug the Iphone in... go to device manager and right click on portable devices... select scan for hardware changes...

Why that works, is beyond me...

Thanks

you can use diskaid to get your photos off your pc, but if it doesnt work on your pc, it might work on someone elses
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not update the firmware to something a little more recent and give it a shot?

(I had this issue with 1.1.2 and it went away when I updated to 1.1.4+)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-12-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The drivers fail to load... or Windows fails to get the drivers via their update site... I believe that it's both a Windows flaw as well as Apple's... as I haven't found a single camera that Windows cannot find a driver for, when the driver wasn't included with the camera itself. Or when camera/phone manufacturers do not follow the WHQL standards and need to supply non-WHQL certified drivers.. Apple doesn't supply anything with the Iphone... and why Windows cannot find the driver by simply hooking it up, would tell me that either it's a bug in Window's PNP...or a flaw in Apple's USB PNP code for Windows...

Why Windows can find the driver within device manager and not automatically find it when connected, is beyond me...

The FM version of the Iphone has nothing to do with it... I've had the issue with multiple revisions.. Which my latest was JB'ed 2.2..
    Last edited by dawgbone; 12-12-2008 at 09:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem continues....
    Hi,

(I realise this thread is over 6 months old, but I'm still having this issue, so I wondered if anyone had any suggestions).

(My iPhone 3G is currently updated to 2.2.1).

When I connect to my work PC, I have no issues - the iPhone connects normally, I get the pop-up window asking if I want to view my photo's, it appears normally in the device manager list.

(My work PC does not have iTunes or any of the other crappy Apple software on it, as this is banned on our site).

When I connect my iPhone 3G to my home PC, iTunes works ok..it synchs, etc.. but I don't get the pop-up window asking me if I want to see my iPhone photo's.

Additionally, upon checking Device manager, it shows the iPhone, with a yellow exclamation mark above it (e.g. issue).

Clicking properties, gives me the following error message :

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

Needless to say the Troubleshooter is too vague to be of any help.

Has anyone identified a solution to this issue ?

I suspect I'm going to have to re-format my home pc's hard disk, and start re-installing Windows XP, iTunes, etc from scratch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Had this problem too with my new iphone 3gs.

Tried a lot before finding this from "biggiek" in an apple support archive:

"Ok I was having the same problem. I also noticed that I had a RED X on my Network Connection Icon.
    This is what I did to fix the problem:
    Go to Accessories, right click on Command Screen, run as administrator and enter:

net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add
    edit: spacing may not be clear in that font - it is:

net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add

Then I rebooted My System and Bam it worked no more Red X and The Iphone drive popped up and started working…

Hope this can help some… "

-zalemale

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SOLVED: Vista tried to load the driver but failed with the message "digital still camera" "failed" in the balloon popup. I tried all the recommended remedies (uninstalling usb ports, etc.) to no avail. One site discussed a possible trojan/virus involving the System32 file "libusb0.sys". I noted that that file was listed as an unsigned driver for all the failed devices (iphone, new camera) in device manager, but could find no instructions on working with it. Note that it seems to be an old file, from some url ending in ".de". However, it passed my virus scans. Anyway, I finally had to restore Vista to a restore point several weeks back. This solved the problem. The iphone and camera loaded, and when I checked with device manager the "libus0.sys" file was no longer listed as a driver. Good luck. (Counting the days, Bill, counting the days.)

Green Apple
    Thanks

libusb-win32 is not a virus it is a program that chances are you downloaded in order to run iRecovery on yor iphone at some point. It will stop the iphone from loading in my computer.

Simple fix.
    in vista

Go to control panel > programs and features > click on libusb and unistall. Reboot and Bam your iphone drivers will load right up. Hope this helps.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harrison0550 For This Useful Post:

aerales (04-08-2010), Dirk Digler (01-06-2011), jjay1989 (06-21-2010), Mack69 (03-13-2010), mcwl (08-08-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harrison0550 View Post
    libusb-win32 is not a virus it is a program that chances are you downloaded in order to run iRecovery on yor iphone at some point. It will stop the iphone from loading in my computer.

Simple fix.
    in vista

Go to control panel > programs and features > click on libusb and unistall. Reboot and Bam your iphone drivers will load right up. Hope this helps.
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    that totally worked for me!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simple fix.
    in vista

yes yes yes yes this worked!!!!!!!
    The only post on google that managed to help me many thanks!

PS: yes i actually registered to tell you this

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jjay1989 For This Useful Post:

mcwl (08-08-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. I have been searching for days for a solution. Thanks it worked.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's another solution I found at:

Plugging in iPhone generates "device driver software was not installed successfully" message

The solutions above are probably a lot easier, but this did work.

BEFORE DOING THIS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGESTRY. (in regedit, File >> export)

To “tell” windows not to chose MTB USB driver do the following :
    - run regedit
    - find “{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}” under hkeylocalmachine > system>current control set>control>class
    - click on the “{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}” on the left side of the window.
    - appears on the right side differnt things. Right click on “upper something” and click delete.
    - unplug iphone (have at least 1 photo on your iphone)
    - restart computer
    - plug in Iphone and the camera roll apears !

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dirk Digler's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple fix.
    in vista

You are my hero I have been trying to fix this for literally months,searching through endless posts day and night with no real solution until I found this thread,thank you SO very much from the bottom of my heart!
    If I helped you at all don't be afraid to hit that Thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having this problem. i have an iphone4 jb on 4.1 via redsnow. my phone will not show up as a still camera in windows (iphone driver and apple usb driver load - that was a pain to fix). i also cant drag and drop pics into my camera roll like i used to and i cant send texts with pics. it just does a message fail to send. im runnning win7 ulitmate x64. ive reinstalled itunes, all the drivers i can find downloads for, restored my phone as new and rejb'd it but the problem is still there. can anyone help me out please????

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dirk Digler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skorpia View Post
    im having this problem. i have an iphone4 jb on 4.1 via redsnow. my phone will not show up as a still camera in windows (iphone driver and apple usb driver load - that was a pain to fix). i also cant drag and drop pics into my camera roll like i used to and i cant send texts with pics. it just does a message fail to send. im runnning win7 ulitmate x64. ive reinstalled itunes, all the drivers i can find downloads for, restored my phone as new and rejb'd it but the problem is still there. can anyone help me out please????

Did you try the solution in the post at the top of this page about deleting the libusb file (you may or may not have it) in Control Panel/Programs & Features? Worked for me when my iPhone wasn't appearing as a still camera
    If I helped you at all don't be afraid to hit that Thanks button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, I'm having the same problem but I don't have "libusb" to delete any ideas please???

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Spam^^^^^