Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Copy voicemail from iPhone to PC?

Question Copy voicemail from iPhone to PC?
    b4 I do an upgrade I have several voicemails I want to save onto my XP PC. Are there any tools and instructions on how to accomplish this task? I have found info for a Mac, but not the PC.

Thanks.

The voice mails are on the server, they are not on your phone. So upgrading will not effect your voice mail!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AcePilot For This Useful Post:

rhs (07-11-2008)

i thought they were d/led to the phone? i still want to get them to pc regardless

They are downloaded to your phone, but they are still on the server (Kinda the same way you see your emails on your iphone, it's not like the emails are on your iphone). Even your deleted ones are still on the server. Call your phone number from another phone, when it goes to voice mail press * and then your voice mail pin. All your voice mail messages are there.

I guess you might be able to ftp into the phone and find the message files and copy them. Then again you can always hold the phone to the computers mic, and press record.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AcePilot For This Useful Post:

rhs (07-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Try an app called VoiceNotes from your jailbroken iPhone. It will allow you to import voicemail messages then send them via email. The output is .amr so you should be able to play them using RealPlayer. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by sda; 07-11-2008 at 06:25 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sda For This Useful Post:

rhs (07-14-2008), SharpieBandit (09-21-2008)

Wow, I didn't know that about Vnotes, I just imported a few important voicemails and emailed them to myself, thanks.

Awesome !! Many Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

HA to prove all of you wrong the voicemails are stored on your phone. Well, they are on my 2G from AT&T. The file location is /private/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail/
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SharpieBandit For This Useful Post:

twitchthecat (01-10-2011)