Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: been out of the scene for awhile...

Default been out of the scene for awhile...
    hey all, so I've been without my iphone for quite a few months now. but finally I'm back in business. still no service, but I have my iphone back

I was wondering if you all could give me a briefing on where I should go! I'm still running 1.0.2, and am pretty sure there are safe and effective ways to upgrade to the latest firmware, but are there different ways to do this? Which is the most effective?

I was also wondering about the new VIOP additions I've been hearing about. Is this 100% working now? how exactly does that work? Can you receive calls as well?

If someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

It feels so good to hold it once again!

Thanks

Short version: Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak by going to http://jailbreakme.com, install OKtoPrep from installer.app, then Update to 1.1.2, and finally jailbreak using jailbreak.jar

All of the necessary steps and links can be found in the guides section.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Short version: Restore to 1.1.1, jailbreak by going to http://jailbreakme.com, install OKtoPrep from installer.app, then Update to 1.1.2, and finally jailbreak using jailbreak.jar

All of the necessary steps and links can be found in the guides section.
    thanks for the response, but how do I restore to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    thanks for the response, but how do I restore to 1.1.1 from 1.0.2?
    Download the 1.1.1 firmware file from this website. Connect the iPhone to iTunes Shift-click on the RESTORE button (for PC, Option-Click for Mac). And browse to the 1.1.1 file.

Download the 1.1.1 firmware file from this website. Connect the iPhone to iTunes Shift-click on the RESTORE button (for PC, Option-Click for Mac). And browse to the 1.1.1 file.
    gotchya thanks

any info on VoIP for the iphone though? I see the thread about the itouch with the microphone, but will this work with the iphone as well? And does VoIP technology allow for receiving calls or anything?
    Last edited by jujubeanser; 12-27-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks

Sorry, not interested, so I don't follow that. You'd only be able to use it near a WiFi source. Why bother...

Sorry, not interested, so I don't follow that. You'd only be able to use it near a WiFi source. Why bother...
    because I have no phone service