Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adding Music to the iPhone without iTunes...

Default Adding Music to the iPhone without iTunes...
    Can you add music and videos tot the iPhone without using iTunes? My work computer is telling me that I set the phone up on another machine and won't let me add any files to it... Is there a way around this.

Possibly via Terminal or SSH? Thanks for any ideas.

Thanks

Copy the songs to a CDR or flash player, take home, add to itunes, Voila! All your songs in 1 place.

It's a little easier than trying to find some sort of 'hack'
    To live, you have to lie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to redcard For This Useful Post:

iRaz (11-09-2011)

I love the simplicity of your response... I kinda assumed I could do that - I was just being lazy that's all.

Thanks

You could also SSH them to your iphone - just create a folder in somewhere like var/root/media and copy your songs to there. But they won't show up in your ipod, you're just storing them there to transfer to your pc. That's if you don't have a flash player or a CD writer.

There is a hack around that allows you to sync your iphone with 2 separate itunes libraries, but you don't need get so complicated with this
    Last edited by redcard; 12-27-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

redcard is correct, you need to use iTunes to "sync", not copy your music and videos to your iPhone. Itunes uses a unique filenaming and .xml library script to organize the music and videos on your iphone/ipod. Just copying the files over won't accomplish anything.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

if you ssh in and copy them over you can play the songs with sendfile or mnplite (iphone only)

also, you can use swap tunes to sync your ipod between two computers, ver useful app i find for for working with two computers

Default Add music to iPhone without iTunes
    Quote Originally Posted by twiggs462 View Post
    Can you add music and videos to the iPhone without using iTunes?
    This
    iPhone without iTunes
    seems to be what you are looking for

You just needs to change iTunesID unless you auto sync songs.

Get goodreader. Any iTunes will let you add any files through goodreader and from there you can listen to your songs.

Stay away from CopyTrans manager - it's a freaking adware - it poisoned my system with "IncrediMail" and all sorts of toolbars. They are lucky it was a Parallels virtual machine and I simply reverted to a clean snapshot. Anyway, I reported their FB page for scam.

So I searched for other solution but there was nothing - basically nobody knows how to write to the iTunes Database on your iPhone/iPod, and even if they do, it's a risky business as Apple can change it anytime.

Here's how I do it. I have previously jail broken and purchased the iFile manager (but I'm guessing there must be a free alternative!), and I simply SSH the MP3's to my iPhone via Cyberduck, and then play them directly in iPod, clicking on an MP3 in the iFile manager. No fancy playlist support, but it will play all the files in the current directory, which is OK by me.

CopyTrans didnt mess up my pc, but honestly not such a great program.

I use iphone/ipad/ipod transfer to transfer music to iphone from computer without itunes but not via Terminal or SSH.
    Last edited by nicokle; 11-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nicokle For This Useful Post:

blueskyla (11-30-2011)

Would software allow me to move music from my ipod touch to my iphone 4?

I use the free trial and my ipod is ipod nano not ipod touch, so I don't know whether it can be or not to be, maybe you can go to description for more info of the software. I put the link for you above, if it support ipod touch, I think it can move.

thanks nicokle, I get the iphone/ipad/ipod transfer, yes, for free trial, too.
    but it's good enough for my iphone and ipad. good job.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twiggs462 View Post
    Can you add music and videos tot the iPhone without using iTunes? My work computer is telling me that I set the phone up on another machine and won't let me add any files to it... Is there a way around this.

Possibly via Terminal or SSH? Thanks for any ideas.
    I use GPlayer from the AppStore. You don't have to sync just file transfer from iTunes. Or if you want there is a app called MyTube it is from thebigboss.org's repo on Cydia.
    It lets you download YouTube videos and you can lock your screen while a video is playing and will continue audio playback.

Or use TunesAid at digidna.com
    Last edited by s0ulp1xel; 11-09-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

if they do, it's a risky business as Apple can change it anytime.
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

to many ways to adding music to iphone freely
    unique people, unique christmas gift

Use mewseek or do the itunes hack someone was talking about and copy the itunes library info to the second computer it only takes like 10 min

Unless your music files are DRM protected, or are in some exotic file format, you can easily put it on itunes. Also you are not charged for putting on an iPod or iPhone music you already have on cd or your hd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast