Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts mysteriously disappeared, unable to restore contacts manually or w/iTunes

Default Contacts mysteriously disappeared, unable to restore contacts manually or w/iTunes
    I am running 1.1.4 jailbroken/unlocked.

My contacts mysteriously disappeared from my phone. All I see under recents is a bunch of phone numbers and under contacts the only one listed is my own number.

To fix this I:

tried to sync my phone with iTunes, ...no luck, apparently I never synced my contacts to my computer. Oh well, my bad.

So I reentered several of the contacts onto my phone and synced those to my computer. This worked just fine.

I entered all of my contacts into 'address book' on my mac and tried syncing the contacts via itunes. I got this error: iTunes could not sync contacts to the iPhone "iPhone" because the iPhone disconnected.

Everything except the contacts synced perfectly.

Next i tried through SSH I switched my var/root/library/addressbook folder with the same file from another iphone. No change.

Still no contacts will show up.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Im getting sick of calling people at random and letting all my calls go to vm because I don't know who is calling.

Thanks all.

What happen you updated early to fw 2.0 and you got screw. LOL

Hello, I just updated my iphone 5 from ios 6 to ios 7 and now am in a similar situation. my iphone address book is empty (completely). I never used icloud to sync the contacts on the iphone. I used OTA upgrade and got the impression that the iphone automatically backed up before the update. Why it didn't restore my data? I have part of my contacts scattered across my computer (outlook -mostly and windows contacts) any chances of restoring the contacts to my iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithSm View Post
    Hello, I just updated my iphone 5 from ios 6 to ios 7 and now am in a similar situation. my iphone address book is empty (completely). I never used icloud to sync the contacts on the iphone. I used OTA upgrade and got the impression that the iphone automatically backed up before the update. Why it didn't restore my data? I have part of my contacts scattered across my computer (outlook -mostly and windows contacts) any chances of restoring the contacts to my iphone?
    Maybe this troubleshooter page will help you get back your iPhone contacts: iPhone Contacts Disappear