+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What is wrong with my iPhone (speaker sound)?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken Apple iPhone 8GB w/ 1.1.1 firmware. Yesterday, I ran into a major (for me at least) problem with my iPhone: the built in speakers no longer
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation What is wrong with my iPhone (speaker sound)?
    I have a jailbroken Apple iPhone 8GB w/ 1.1.1 firmware.

Yesterday, I ran into a major (for me at least) problem with my iPhone: the built in speakers no longer play sound! And when I plug in the Apple headphones, I get muffled, watered down sound quality that mysteriously doesn't increase or decrease when I toggle the volume up/down. I can't get any audio whatsoever; not even the clicky noise or ringtones.

I did my research and realized that this was a common problem for many iPhone owners, and I tried some of the solutions, including plugging/unplugging the headset a bajillion-gazillion times (I refuse to do this anymore, as I fear it may **** the hardware up), dabbing the headset jack with an alcohol-damp q-tip, plugging different stereo headsets in.... and still nothing! The only thing I haven't done, and don't want to do is restore it - I have tons of info. in it and a custom-made springboard that literally took an entire day to make. I recently defragmented my harddrive and the folder containing my Springboard files were actually deleted!

What else do you guys recommend I do? I would really appreciate any advice... 'cuz I'm starting to freak at this point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gastonm's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same problem! Is there any help??!!
    JESUS CHRIST SAVES

Unlocked Tmobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sound system problem occured each time when connected to Edge
    Someone please help. I am having the same problem too. I am using a 1.1.1 unlocked version on a GSM network. I am facing two problems.

One is each time when I tried to connect to Edge, I have to type the word "wap" manually in the setting. I tried to save the setting in Settings -> Network -> Edge but it can never be saved. It used to work well before without having to key in the word "wap" manually.

Secondly, the problem that comes together with having to type in "wap" manually is the sound system. Each time when I am connected to Edge, the audio system would have problem. The sound volume would become very low that you could hear only a very tiny ringing tone or perhaps could even hardly hear them. I have to switch off and on the phone again each time after connnected/disconnect to Edge to get the sound volume back.

Anyone knows what's going wrong with the phone? Anyone has an idea how to fix the sound system problem? This only happens when I am connected to Edge. Please help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

to all of you....try AudioAmp in the sources of installer (its used to amplify the volume but maybe it'll fix this........and the one with the edge settings not saving problem...there is a fix...also in installer...to save the edge settings....hope it helped (sent from my iphone)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, have tried the AudioAmp but it doesn't help. Can't find fix in installer. What is the source list name?

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

the sources for the EDGE fix in 1.1.1 is: (i.unlock.no)(limitededitioniphone source)
    and the name of the file is: (EDGE Settings fix)(EDGE Settings fix 1.1.1)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Got the edge settings fix installed... but it doesn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creznor View Post
    I have a jailbroken Apple iPhone 8GB w/ 1.1.1 firmware.

Yesterday, I ran into a major (for me at least) problem with my iPhone: the built in speakers no longer play sound! And when I plug in the Apple headphones, I get muffled, watered down sound quality that mysteriously doesn't increase or decrease when I toggle the volume up/down. I can't get any audio whatsoever; not even the clicky noise or ringtones.

I did my research and realized that this was a common problem for many iPhone owners, and I tried some of the solutions, including plugging/unplugging the headset a bajillion-gazillion times (I refuse to do this anymore, as I fear it may **** the hardware up), dabbing the headset jack with an alcohol-damp q-tip, plugging different stereo headsets in.... and still nothing! The only thing I haven't done, and don't want to do is restore it - I have tons of info. in it and a custom-made springboard that literally took an entire day to make. I recently defragmented my harddrive and the folder containing my Springboard files were actually deleted!

What else do you guys recommend I do? I would really appreciate any advice... 'cuz I'm starting to freak at this point.

I have the same speaker problem!

The first time my speaker sound disappeared was when i was talking on the phone with the earbuds (headset) plugged in. When I ended the call with the squeeze remote, the first song in my music library on the iPhone started playing. I disconnected the earbuds (without turning off the music) and all the speaker sound disappeared! I still get sound in my headset/earbuds.

I did a restore back to a clean 1.1.1., did the jailbreak used anySIM... and "voila!" the speaker sound returned.

A couple of minutes later I was browsing the content on the phone (AFPd from Installer) while listening to music on the speaker. I closed the server connection... and the speaker died AGAIN!!!

Frustrated I started to fiddle with all the buttons. When I dubbel-tapped the power/mute button on top of the phone, the speaker activated again!? Nervous as hell I pressed the power button again to make sure the speaker sound should stay on this time... but no, it disappeared. This time for good!

This time I have tried:
    * to clean the female end of the plug from dust with a cotton swab
    * reset
    * restore
    * virginize
    * oneSim (before using anySIM)
    * update to 1.1.2

...still NO speaker sound! I'm freaking out... big time!