Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: think I've got a paper weight

Default think I've got a paper weight
    I've tried restarting everything (phone, itunes, pc) including reinstalling itunes deleting plist files. but my phone appears to be stuck in recovery mode. it shows the itunes logo and the cable on the screen. after a while the screen just flashes blank ans shows the apple logo with a little loading circle and repeats. when i connect to itunes nothing happens so i can't do a restore. I've connected it to ibrickr and it says the phone is in recovery mode so I attempt to boot it as it says and it comes up with red screen then I get the flashing screen with apple logo. any suggestions on how to get itunes to detect it or a repair shop in the uk?

thanks

Download iBrickr (www.google.com/search?q=ibrickr+download), connect your iPhone to your computer, start iBrickr up, and iBrickr will tell you what to do from there.

think I've sorted it. I swapped/deleted etc the itunesmobiledevice.dll file I replaced it with the one from ibrickr. only problem I have now is the phone takes a good 5 mins to respond to everything. I think it was something I tried to install via ibrickr. XM something. it asked me to restart the phone but then wouldn't detect it once I restarted my iphone. at the moment it's going through the button presses. albeit slowly. during this time it's shown the menu, the calender, gone blank, vibrated. you name it!

restore time?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    restore time?
    That would work if the phone would respond. so far the only time the phone works is when it's powering down. ie I can slide accross to powerdown or cancel. won't do anything else.

ah i see. Even though you can get it to respond to the turning off, you still can't get it in DFU Mode?

EDIT:

What about iPHUC? Perhaps it will respond. You could force it into recovery mode that way.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 12-23-2007 at 11:32 AM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I managed to restore my phone to version 1.0.2 (was 1.1.2) so my phone is pretty much up and, I just need to activate it so I can make calls on the O2 network. any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    ah i see. Even though you can get it to respond to the turning off, you still can't get it in DFU Mode?

EDIT:

What about iPHUC? Perhaps it will respond. You could force it into recovery mode that way.
    What about it?