+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone's Receiver DIED! Can't hear a sound!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have had NO Issues up until yesterday, all of a sudden in the middle of a phone call my receiver just cut out, couldn't hear a thing, the person
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My iPhone's Receiver DIED! Can't hear a sound!
    I have had NO Issues up until yesterday, all of a sudden in the middle of a phone call my receiver just cut out, couldn't hear a thing, the person on the other end could hear my fine, I just couldn't hear them!

I have an unlocked 8GB on Tmobile, original from day one, went from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and now currently running 1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked of course.

Every other function of the phone works 100%, I can make calls, but can only HEAR the calls with the headset, speakerphone, or bluetooth, not from the actual phone's receiver!

The phone has never been dropped or had any physical damage so I have on clue what could have caused this! I even tried a restore and went through the jailbreak and unlock process so I could be running 1.1.2. Receiver still dead and didnt work when I tested it in 1.1.1 during the restore.

Anyone know what might have caused this and how I could fix it? I dont think I will be able to send my phone for repair or an exchange after all the modding??

Thanks in advance for your help!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Plug the headphones back into it. Then turn on the ipod and play music. Then pause the music and unplug the headphones, and the receiver will work. If you accidentally pull out the headphones while the music is playing it somehow kills the receiver speaker untill you plug it back in pause the music and thern unplug them.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimNick For This Useful Post:

DCDJ (12-19-2007), Stoner00 (01-02-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slimNick View Post
    Plug the headphones back into it. Then turn on the ipod and play music. Then pause the music and unplug the headphones, and the receiver will work. If you accidentally pull out the headphones while the music is playing it somehow kills the receiver speaker untill you plug it back in pause the music and thern unplug them.
    That worked!!! haha I feel like an idiot now, it was so simple, but didnt think to try doing it that way. Thank you very much!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had my iphone unlocked/jailbroken using Tmobile. The first time, I was not able to get on the internet, so had it checked. Now when I get a phone call, I am not able to hear the other person, my ringtone doesn't make any sounds and I am not able to hear any music through the ipod. I am able to get on the internet, though. Can someone tell me what I can do to get this corrected? The phone portion was working when the internet portion wasn't. It has the 1.1.4 version.

Banned
    Thanks

didn't work