+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i play in my car??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i know you've probably seen this topic a couple of times but i've tried searching and i can't find any answers. I currently have a pioneer deck with the "connect
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How do i play in my car??
    i know you've probably seen this topic a couple of times but i've tried searching and i can't find any answers.

I currently have a pioneer deck with the "connect 2 play" adapter, problems are will only charge (don't know if it safe or not), and i can only play music through the headphone jack.

is there any way to hook up to the deck through the regular adapter as an aux input? (it is an older model and not ipod ready)

Other situation: I have a work truck that i drive every weekday are there any dock setups like "itrip" or whatever that work good i've read some of the chargers are dangerous.

any help will be greatly appreciated and if i get an answer i will gladly answer other peoples questions on this subject aka I try to learn not just ask questions.

Thanks

anyone have some suggestions

Thanks

I can play my iPhone through my Pioneer with my connect to play cable.

Thanks

i even tried it in my friends car also and it still didn't work (he has the same as me but a lower end deck), so i know its not just mine i wonder if it has anything to do with my deck its kinda old but it works with my gf's ipod but it sometimes messes up the songs from limewire which is really wierd to me, anyone have any ideas what it could be.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Whatever you do....DONT PLUG THE IPHONE INTO AN FM TRANSMITTER, your phone will fry itself. Trust me I know, Apple however was kind enough to exchange my fried 1.1.1 fully modded Iphone for a new 1.1.2 Iphone.......which is now fully modded

Green Apple
    Thanks

What model is the deck, front aux input - suppose not. Does it have an IP bus connector on the back, blue and square-ish? If so they sell an IP bus to rca adapter and then connect an rca to 3.5mm jack cable and use a iphone earphone connector to allow it plug all the way into the iphone. All of these parts are avail. at Bestbuy, I work there but you should be able to get them almost anywhere... Let me know if I can help.

Thanks

i have the heaphone jack one but its a pain in the balls i'd rather have the 30pin hookup like everyone i know that has an ipod,

another question: does the new pioneer ipod ready decks work with the iphone? i've seen those around and was just wondering.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Whatever you do....DONT PLUG THE IPHONE INTO AN FM TRANSMITTER, your phone will fry itself. Trust me I know, Apple however was kind enough to exchange my fried 1.1.1 fully modded Iphone for a new 1.1.2 Iphone.......which is now fully modded
    You need to be more specific. I have an FM Transmitter and it works great.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    i have the heaphone jack one but its a pain in the balls i'd rather have the 30pin hookup like everyone i know that has an ipod,

another question: does the new pioneer ipod ready decks work with the iphone? i've seen those around and was just wondering.
    Yes! the new Pioneer decks and the Alpine decks both work.

Kenwood 435u does not!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just bought a new pioneer 6950.. ipod ready and doesn't see my iphone. Searching everywhere for answers can't believe this hasn't been brought up in the past.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a Sony deck that has a built-in cable iPod out cable from the rear.
    It works (but a bit flaky) there is also a USB input on the front panel.
    Have not tried anything there but I am leaning toward looking for a Yamaha head unit.
    Anyone know of a Yama model?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Most/All aftermarket decks have audio RCA connections for input in the back. Use the apple A/V connection cables (composite) and wire it up that way.

I have a Avic D1 in my car and i use that for audio and video. The new apple a/v cables have a chip in the 16 pin so it doesn't have to be in airplane mode and you can still get calls.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Whatever you do....DONT PLUG THE IPHONE INTO AN FM TRANSMITTER, your phone will fry itself.
    this is not true...the only thing that sucks with the Belkin I have is that I need to put it in airplane mode, thus no incoming calls.

Thanks

my kenwood kvt-719 with the iPod cable works fine.

HGI
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you know the docking thing you get with the iphone... just plug you a aux to headphone cable and plug it into the deck then the line out on the iphone dock thing.

Thanks

i don't really like using the headphone jack but it is what i use now, i'm just looking for an alternative method