Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new to iPhone!

Default new to iPhone!
    hey new to iPhone! I'm sorry if I didn't catch this info in another forum but here goes!

1. I'm interested in modding but I don't know where to start (phone is brand new v 1.1.2. And I'm using windows xp (don't bash me too bad for that!)) very interested in the apptapp application.

2. I'm also interested in any skins available ( I've seen people change homepage buttons etc.

3. Is there a flash player available?

4. Ok this is just kinds stupid but I didn't get an owners manual

5. Anyone know why when u buy an iPhone they have to seal the bag b4 u leave the store?

Oh yea I typed this whole message on my iPhone!

Any help would b greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    pete

1. Check the guides section for how to jailbreak your phone
    2. Check the New Themes/Skins Forum, and guides section for how to install them.
    3. No
    4. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, but try to search to see if the question was previously answered
    5. No clue

Congrats on your new phone!

Default thanks ajl 917!
    Thanks a lot for the quick response! So I just have to jailbreak first and then I can install whatever I want? Will I lose the current info on the phone and have to re-activate or anything or will everything already backed up on iTunes?

Thanks!
    Pete

Jailbreaking will install installer and open up your phone so that you can browse the files. And no you will not have to restore the phone before that, but if you do restore, you will lose all of your apps...