Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!! My Apple IPhone is an IBrick - doesnt work

Angry Help!!! My Apple IPhone is an IBrick - doesnt work
    Hello!

I purchased my Apple IPhone a few days ago through ebay, and it was unlocked. It was all working fine until my itunes updated to the latest firmware and the phone locked up again.

I used IBrickr to unlock my phone and also Jailbreak. I used IBrickr to upload a file (lockdownd patch) and now my iphone doesnt work.

I turn it on and the apple logo stays on screen for about five minutes time, after that it comes up with the screen saver and i try to (slide to unlock) to get to the mainpage but the touch screen isnt working????

Is there anything I can do, my computer doesnt recognise the iphone anymore, and when i plug the iphone into the computer it doesnt even charge, im a bit worried and would appreciate any help!

Cheers

Last edited by Broomhead; 12-14-2007 at 06:27 PM.

i would but my computer doesnt recognise the iphone now and need to restore it if i can somehow?

Restore your phone. Do this by downloading the firmware version of your choice. Open up itunes, put your iphone in dfu mode by pressing the sleep button and home button until your phone turns off completely, then continue holding down the home button until itunes recognizes it. Hold shift and click on restore then locate the firmware you've downloaded and viola!

If it's a brick, send it to me

Default "incorrect sim" error
    i have a similar problem but after i restore to a new filmware, i get only the activation screen with the picture of earth, and a message "incorrect sim- insert unlocked or valid sim card" what can i do from here? i've upgraded to 1.1.1 and got that message and downdraded to 1.0.2 and got the same message. please help....thanks