+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can my service provider do anything for me using the iphone?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i'm with fido (canada) and i was wondering if fido can restrict service with me using the iphone or do anything about it? i called to change my plan so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can my service provider do anything for me using the iphone?
    i'm with fido (canada) and i was wondering if fido can restrict service with me using the iphone or do anything about it?
    i called to change my plan so i'm can text a bit more without paying much more and they asked if i used the iphone....i said in the past.
    so can they do anything if i'm using it now?

What's Jailbreak? BernardShakey's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know why they would care. You haven't entered into any agreement/contract regarding the iPhone with Fido.

I would suspect your local iPhone service provider would be the one with an issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If they really wanted to they could cut off your service, but why would they do that? You are paying for the service so why does Fido care what phone you are using? AT&T might care but they can't do anything to you because fido isn't going to let at&t boss them around and make them cancel a paying customer. Just dont expect them to help you out or help you fix it or anything like that.

Thanks

When I was trying to get MMS.app working on my iphone I called my provider who I'd recently renewed my contract with for a K850i phone, but they knew I was not using a K850i and told me I was using an iphone so they would not enable MMS

So I guess that counts as a restricition of service...........
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Thanks

they can tell what mobile that you are using, but will only tell you that they cannot guaruntee 3rd party equipment on their network. Also, they probably won't let you in w/ data services, unless you are w/ T-Mo USA lol
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix