+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Strange Battery Issue

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ive been having the most annoying problem with my phone lately, and AFAIK I havent changed anything. My phone is in the cradle all day from 8am-5pm. It might get
    Thanks

Default Strange Battery Issue
    Ive been having the most annoying problem with my phone lately, and AFAIK I havent changed anything. My phone is in the cradle all day from 8am-5pm. It might get taken off for the random phone call, but for the most part, it stays fully charged until I leave work at 5. On the way home I talk for maybe 30 minutes, then turn WIFI off before bed. Normally in the morning, I still have at least 90% of my battery left. The past 2 days I have woken up to the 20% battery alarm.

The strange part is this morning, I put it back in the charger while I showered. When I got out (maybe 20 minutes later), it was back at 100%. Whats the deal?

Im on 1.1.1, jailbroken and modded like crazy, but I havent changed anything lately.

Thanks

Strangely enough electronics work in those mysterious ways. What's the deal with SSH and so forth? And how about your Mail settings? Have you changed those prefernces lately?

Reako

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    Strangely enough electronics work in those mysterious ways. What's the deal with SSH and so forth? And how about your Mail settings? Have you changed those prefernces lately?

Reako
    Nope, ive been running dropbear since day 1, and my mail is google IMAP, set to every 15 mins, but that hasnt changed lately.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You leave it charging on the cradle al day when youre at work?? I would think thats not so great for the battery.
    2.2 pwned!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miketbone20 View Post
    You leave it charging on the cradle al day when youre at work?? I would think thats not so great for the battery.
    Actually its fine, AFAIK. But thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone runningwild's Avatar
    Thanks

iPods use a "past experience" kinda of thing to measure "current" battery. And by past experience i mean the last 30 minutes. So something might have gone wrong and it didn't know it was being charged so it just warned you like is was going to anyway.

Example: watch videos for awhile, and then switch to music all of a sudden. An increase in the battery bar will occur a few minutes later because it measures what your currently doing and how it will affect the battery.

Note: these are my assumptions from what i've seen happen on my last 3 ipods.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have had the same issues the past 2 days. I only charge mine overnight but by 7 the last 2 nights it was dead. Tonight I showed a full charge one minute and the next minute it shut off cause it was dead...

The only thing I have done different the last few days is that I installed "Garf" the simon like game. I barley played it...Anyway I just took it off so we will see what happenes tomorrow