+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Timed out.....

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well I seem to be having a problem and its really quite annoying. Whenever I am using Safari, esp. for Jivetalk and for Facebook, I can stay online on that
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Timed out.....
    Well I seem to be having a problem and its really quite annoying. Whenever I am using Safari, esp. for Jivetalk and for Facebook, I can stay online on that page for a few minutes with no problems. But as soon as I switch to another webpage, press the home button, or do anything other than browse that certain page, it refreshes the screen all over again and I lose everything. Its especially annoying when it does it on Jivetalk and I lose all my previous IM messages. What could be going on? I know on Jivetalk you can adjust the timeout settings but that doesnt seem to help at all. It happens to all the sites I visit and honestly this problem is really making me want to get rid of my iphone. I love it and all but I never had this kind of problem when using my 8125 with the opera browser. Whats going on? I'm on Windows XP, with a Jailbroken 1.1.1 fw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same thing happens to me all the time and it's really annoying. I went Apple's iPhone development conferences a while back and they said that Safari will "re-use" resources as you load new pages in the browser. So if you have 3 web sites loaded and you load a 4th one that pushes Safari over it's resource limit, it will essentially unload the first page. It sucks, they give us 8 pages and we should be able to use 8 pages, especially since we can't load native apps on the phone in the first place.

I'm assuming this will all be moot when they open up the phone in February and we get a slew of native applications for the phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Its just annoying that they don't fix the problem now. Oh well there is a lot that the iPhone needs but it will come in time hopefully.

also is it still supposed to do that even with only 1 page open at a time? I usually have either jivetalk or facebook open.
    Last edited by heydatsmyrice; 12-13-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost