Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dual sim on iphone

Default dual sim on iphone
    hey guys !! i have a iphone with software 1.0.2 and saw this video on youtube where this guy had an app that could make him switch sims !! he had 2 sims in his phone !! so how do i get an app that would alowe me 2 have 2 sims in my phone and switch from one to the other wenever needed and how do u put 2 sims in the sim holder?? do i need 2 get myself a different sim holder or somthing ??

i search on google for a while but cant find anything for iphones !! keeep getting results for tha fake iphone made in china !!

plz any help ??

You Gotta Jam It In There Lmfao Thats A Fake Dude Cmon Wake Up

so ur sayin we cant dual sim on real iphones ???? boooooooooooooooooo

i just looked at the video again !! it's an actual iphone !!
    Last edited by seph213; 12-12-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I agree that this has to be a fake since the phone cannot read two different sims at the same time. Any way of posting a link to the video?

so what do you think this is it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhVSM0pfcGc"]YouTube - Unlock Iphone Dual Sim Card in UAE DUBAI SHARJAH ABUDHABI[/ame]

looks pretty real
    Last edited by eyallevi9; 12-13-2007 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that did look pretty real

yep it is real !!! so anyone has an idea how is that done ??

Thanks

uuuhhhhhhhh lol

better call the guy and ask him........

hey, use your old fashion, single sim card, obsolete iphone LOL

Default I've done it as well just like the video
    I actually just got my crappy piece from china for 3 dollars just to try it and it works.

The piece I bought was
    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-In-1-GSM-Dual-...QQcmdZViewItem

I know it doesnt really fit I just jammed it in and left the one end hanging out. But when you do that a sim application button shows up in the Phone settings. then you can change back and forth.

I did that as a test cause it is really cheap and i didnt need to cut my sims.

Here is a website with all the different kinds you can buy. 2 cut sims one over the other. and others are no cut but different orientations.
    http://www.mobileguru.co.uk/acatalog/Twin_SIM.html

Now that I thought about this its not really even usefull cause you can make calls from either/or number and you can receive from either/or number. Meaning you can only be on one network at a time. LAME.

Someone should create a program to have both running. I know someone could do this but because it doesnt apply to the masses since most people dont carry two cells no one would make it.

Thanks

well guys just to update u !! i sold my 1.0.2 iphone and bouth an OTB iphone !! now since there's no unlock yet i had 2 get a sim adapter !! the one i got was a dual sim hypercard !! works pretty good !!

u do have 2 cut up ur sim card but it does work !! i havent got the chances 2 put a second sim in but i will soon !! u can switch betwen sims without turnin off the phone !! obviously u cant have em both online at the same time !!

i cheked on the interweb and found some adapters that do have the ability 2 have em both online at the same time but they only make it for certain phones !! i would defenatly buy one that has both online if someone even makes it for the iphone !!

it's kinda usefull for people who have a work phone and a personal phone !! kinda anoying dragin 2 phones on u at all times !!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

actualy this is little Hardware work on sim card to cut it smaller and use DualSIM Card...

check out:
    http://digitalliving.cnet.co.uk/askt...79500-1,00.htm
    can use in iPhone and other phone you like
    you can buy all the stuff here: http://www.2-phones-in-1.com/index_de.html
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 01-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You could just get another line with the same sim through your wireless provider. My SLVR supported the feature.

2 phones in 1 website dont provide a sim adapter that would unlock an otb 1.1.2 iphone !! but would work with software unlock tho !! that's why i got the hypercard !! it's made for the iphone !!

it's true u can just get 2 lines on the same sim but the idea is 2 be able 2 diff networks on it that way if u go in a different country u can still have ur home sim online and have the abroad sim on it 2 !! it's just conveniant if u dont wanna switch it all the time !!

once the software unlock comes out , maybe i'll get a dual sim adapter that enables both online !! i'll see in due time !!

i have a software unlock on 1.1.1 with the dual sim adapter you mentioned hypercard. It still only allows one sim at a time. Not 2 networks at the same time like we want. I know having a hypercard and an unlocked 1.1.1 phone is stupid but my friend needed the hypercard for 4.03 bootloader and i asked him to let me try it on my software unlocked phone.

Default dual sim same carrier
    Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    You could just get another line with the same sim through your wireless provider. My SLVR supported the feature.
    T-Mobile USA will not allow this. I tried and they told me it was not possible nor permissible. Now if anyone has a lead or connection on getting this... I'm down! PLEASE let me know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joejoe123 View Post
    i have a software unlock on 1.1.1 with the dual sim adapter you mentioned hypercard. It still only allows one sim at a time. Not 2 networks at the same time like we want. I know having a hypercard and an unlocked 1.1.1 phone is stupid but my friend needed the hypercard for 4.03 bootloader and i asked him to let me try it on my software unlocked phone.
    Will it allow you to use two sims from the same network at the same time? I'm looking to receive calls from number A and make calls from number B. Ideally, both call and receive from both at the same time.
    Last edited by CinePhone; 01-20-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does this work for 2G / 3G / 3GS ?

I'm using a new Magicsim 26th iphone no cut 3g dual sim. it supports UMTS/HSDPA/WCDMA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE. you can check this video :Iphone 3G dual sim card|new 3G dual sim for Iphone/Iphone 3G/Iphone 3GS|3G dual sim card
    good luck !