+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it just me??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, is it just my iphone, or is this an iphone thing?? My camera, sucks!! It is dark, and if I am taking a picture in the dark, well,
    Thanks

Default Is it just me??
    Hey guys, is it just my iphone, or is this an iphone thing?? My camera, sucks!! It is dark, and if I am taking a picture in the dark, well, that's all that comes out, a freaking dark shot of nothing but a shot of darkness! Is there a flash somewhere, or is it because the phone is an unlocked phone, like by having my phone messed with, did we screw something up??? Doubt it, but, I guess possible?? Anyways, just wondering if it's just my camera that for some reason sucks??? Thanks
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The 2mp sensor no the iphone camera is pretty good for what it is, but taking a shot in the dark is nearly impossible with any cell phnoe without a flash. Oh and the iphnoe doesn't have a flash. You should invest in a small point and shoot camera that can take those in the dark pictures, and reserve the iphone for the rest of the stuff you need to do, like email, web, music, video, and all making you cooler to your friends.
    2.2 pwned!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miketbone20 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Did you look at the lens? try cleaning it? it's so small its easy to get smudged.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Yeah, I have a great digital camera, that I do use for taking pictures. I hardly ever use the camera on my phone, I was just asking, cuz the other night, I tried taking a couple of pictures of some friends at a club, and I was like WTF?? This is the damn iphone?? heheheh but, yeah, they came out super dark, and could really not make out anything?? Weird.
    Yeah, it seems in daylight it's ok, but night time yikes, totally sucks! Ok, so no flash wow, that really sucks!! So i guess there is no fixing that huh?? Thanks guys

Thanks

Nope no fixing it except for looking to see if the lens is dirty. And I have to say that taking the iphone to a club?? You ave very brave my firned. I have a back up phone to those type of places. I dont want to be fumbling with my precius iphone while intoxicated. Maybe we can call that "IPWI" IPhoneing While Intoxicated. Haha, and then there would be the iphone police to make sure you were treating the phone right and such, okay I've gone to far.
    2.2 pwned!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to miketbone20 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Hahaha, yeah, that's funny! An iphone PoPo! Hehehe Yeah, I really have it in my purse the whole time, and always making sure it's there and such! ugh!! You are right, it is actually very exhausting keeping tabs on it!! Poor thing, I have already dropped it 4 times! Can't believe it hasn't broke yet?? Well, I have an awesome swarovski case on it, and tons of beads have fallen, and then I keep replacing them, ****, man, it gets expensive?? You are right, i think I will switch out phones when i go out, so I can be in peace! Hehhehe

Hahaha, yeah, that's funny! An iphone PoPo! Hehehe Yeah, I really have it in my purse the whole time, and always making sure it's there and such! ugh!! You are right, it is actually very exhausting keeping tabs on it!! Poor thing, I have already dropped it 4 times! Can't believe it hasn't broke yet?? Well, I have an awesome swarovski case on it, and tons of beads have fallen, and then I keep replacing them, ****, man, it gets expensive?? You are right, i think I will switch out phones when i go out, so I can be in peace! Hehhehe

Wooooah! How did that happen? hehehe
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 12-12-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

What version of LCD screen panel is your iPhone ?

You can find out which panel your iPhone has by dialing *3001#12345#* then tapping Call from the Phone application. This will put iPhone into “Field Mode” where you can select “Versions” to find out what version of the LCD you have.

If the LCD screen information starts with a “5″ the panel can appear sharper, brighter and shouldn’t exhibit any sort of a grid pattern (like the one on the right). If it starts with a “7″ your iPhone could have a slightly dimmer panel (like the one on the left).

Why am I saying all this crap about LCD, if the question is about iPhone camera ?
    Well, because if you have the dimmer version of the LCD, looking at pics on iPhone would look even darker than it really is.

I'm happy with the pics I take from iPhone in general. In fact, many people have said that the pics look great.

Some pics, I took with iPhone indoor, no flash, here...

Last edited by RC_OZ; 12-12-2007 at 11:48 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RC_OZ For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Yep!! My starts with the 7 ugh!! That sucks! So there is nothing I can do huh?? Bummer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Yep!! My starts with the 7 ugh!! That sucks! So there is nothing I can do huh?? Bummer!
    You can magically get a battery issue with your phone and have to take it in to the apple store, and hope they replace it with one that works a little better. Other than that, yup there's pretty much nothing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    And dude, what thing were you at that you were listening to Magic? That's kind of cool man...
    Last edited by miketbone20; 12-12-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2.2 pwned!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to miketbone20 For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Hey but, I don't have service with them? I am with tmobile, so I guess they wouldn't exchange my phone huh? Also, what if they would give me one that is also like this one, that starts with 7?? OH! Well, no big deal, cuz like I said before, I don't ever even use the camera part of it, it's just that it would be nice if it worked perfect, after paying 600 bucks for a damn phone! hehehe Thanks anyways.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What i do is take pictures in a bright place...kinda of hard to explain. But try taking a pic under the light in a room. That works for me. I can almost predict if the picture i take, will look clear by that simple thing. Bright light/Places= Good quality. Dark Places= poor pics. Why do you think when you go to the apple store, the iPhones are usally located under bright light spot?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to izzi b For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

The LCD thing is not accurate. I have the 7 and it's just as bright as a friend of mine's 5.
    Search NAZI

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Oxygen For This Useful Post:

ucim2cute (12-12-2007)

Thanks

Yeah, they are super sneeky like that! hahaha It works good in light, but, darn, why didn't they put a darn flash on this expensive phone??? Geesh!! Hahhaha Damn, SteveJobs, what the hell!! hahaha

Also, Danggggg, you gotta have a freaking steady hand, if not it comes out blurry!! ugh!! Oh, well, thank god I use my digital camera when I really need pics!!

Ooops! I meant to put Gawwd! Sorry!
    Last edited by ucim2cute; 12-12-2007 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

The LCD panel is inaccurate. Mine is a 7, and it is super bright.

Reako

Thanks

My lcd panel IS super bright, but the camera part of it is what i mean. Like I thought when taking a picture, it would come out bright at night, but, yeah, I guess without a flash, no dice! No flash, what a Bummer!!