Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPHONE restore... problem ???

Default iPHONE restore... problem ???
    I have a huge issue .. I should explain that I am new to this iphone thing and I am in Canada.

In try to learn about the iphone I started AppTappInstaller.exe to see what it may do ... and backed out of it somewhere in the middle.

Now I see within itunes I have 75% of used other space ...the bar that shows alocated files (orange) ...

Please help ???

what should I do ???

going forward ... can I image .. or save a few copies of my iphone restore file ... where would I find it?

okay yes ...I am phuced ... I did the restore .. and the phone went back to factory... please help ???
    Last edited by mikejonessmith; 12-12-2007 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Windows XP SP2
    Toronto, Canada
    Apple iPhone (hacked)
    Network: FIDO
    Version 1.12 (3B48b)
    Model: M1712LL

My iPhone is a Part of Me

in itunes, how big does it say your device is? 300 megs? or 7 something gigs?

When you jailbroke it, you might of missed a step and just need to recover the missing hard drive space.

just do a search for MediaOld Media_sym and you should find the solution (if you device is only registering 300 megs)

Okay ... the phone was working ... however I made a mistake ... and now the phone has been restored to the factory default (restore)....

I have backed up my computer harddrive ... so if I get directions ... for a file(s) to use .. then I can pull off from the backup harddrive file and use the SHIFT and RESTORE...

Again the phone is now at factory default ... not working ...

if ... and I hope I can ... restore from an old file .....

please help ????
    Windows XP SP2
    Toronto, Canada
    Apple iPhone (hacked)
    Network: FIDO
    Version 1.12 (3B48b)
    Model: M1712LL