+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant hear anything from the earpiece..

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Today, my iphone started acting weird. When my girlfriend called me, I couldnt hear her and she couldnt hear me speaking to her. Its been doing it almost the whole
    My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cant hear anything from the earpiece..
    Today, my iphone started acting weird. When my girlfriend called me, I couldnt hear her and she couldnt hear me speaking to her. Its been doing it almost the whole day. I restarted my phone numerous times to see if the problem would be fixed, but that didnt work. When i took the sim card out and then restarted my phone, it then started working. I noticed that when i dont hear the "click" from unlocking or locking my phone, the mic or speaker piece doesnt work. The phone will work when on speakerphone though. It happens randomly, then sometimes fixes itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

now the ear piece doesn't work at all. The only time i can hear the person im talking to is when i put them on speaker phone. Also, the phone wont play music through the speaker or the "click" sound when locking or unlocking the phone doesnt work. HELP PLEASE!
    Last edited by ekidd; 12-12-2007 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It's probably the stupid bug Apple hasn't fixed yet.

Did you by any chance yank your headphones out while listening to music before 'pausing' it? I know, it's supposed to be a feature.. automatically pauses the music if the headphone cord is pulled out...

ANYWAY.... plug your earphones back in, press play, pause, then unplug your earphones. Should be back to normal..

It is strange it doesn't reset itself when the phone's rebooted, but I've tried that as well, and it still persists.. the only way to fix it is by doing the above.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kloan View Post
    It's probably the stupid bug Apple hasn't fixed yet.

Did you by any chance yank your headphones out while listening to music before 'pausing' it? I know, it's supposed to be a feature.. automatically pauses the music if the headphone cord is pulled out...

ANYWAY.... plug your earphones back in, press play, pause, then unplug your earphones. Should be back to normal..

It is strange it doesn't reset itself when the phone's rebooted, but I've tried that as well, and it still persists.. the only way to fix it is by doing the above.
    You know what? The problem did occur after i was listening to music on my phone. I cant remember if i yanked my headphones out before pausing it though. Any other suggestions??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same thing happened to me when my phone got caught in Bluetooth Headset mode. External Speaker worked but not internal speaker. Had to disable bluetooth then reenable it and everything went back to normal.