Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't turn on (help)

Unhappy iPhone won't turn on (help)
    So last night I was listening to my iPhone in my car using my Monster iCarPlay when all of a sudden the music stops and the iPhone just shows a black screen with an apple symbol, like it does when you turn in on. The screen just went black after that and I can't get it to turn back on. I tried holding the power and home buttons, charging it, connecting it to iTunes...and now I ran out of ideas. Any help? I was thinking about taking it to the apple store, but I have the moddified 1.1.2 firmware and wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I have had similar issues before. By plugging it into my wall charger (not pc) and attempting the soft resets etc I have managed to get it back.

You may like to try this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I had the most horrible thing happen to my first iPhone.

We were travelling and I needed to charge my iPhone. I asked my wife to put it on the charger, but my charger was packed down.

Her sister has an older iPod and she saw the charger laying there so she figured she would use that. Only problem is, that charger happened to be an old wall charger with the firewire connection from when iPods supported firewire.

Well...I hop into bed, my iPhone on the table next to us. A few hours later I wake up and go to grab my iPhone and HOLY SH*T was that thing ever HOT!! Nearly burned my fingers.

Needless to say, my iPhone was fried. I hoped and hoped that once it cooled down it would work fine, but no go. So, I bought a new one.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yha same thing happened to me =[ i tried to restore but nothing so it was modded 1.1.1 and had them swap it out...
    If i helped hit Thanks!