Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help! Unistalled Dock and now can't access apps

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Please Help! Unistalled Dock and now can't access apps
    Long story short, i unistalled dock 2.06 through installer app... forgot i had HID everything on customize!!! Now I can't access any of my apps and forgot to put xlaunch on the dock itself! I really don't want to restore my phone. Please help!!!

is there a plist of the dock on the springboard? if so where can i find it so i can switch one icon out with xlaunch... any help is greatly appreciated

Darn... same thing happened to me when i uninstalled summerboard once.

However, there is one trick. Surf to http://jailbreakme.com and reinstall AppTapp(Installer).
    If you can, backup your ~/Library/Installer folder first, otherwise it forgets everything you installed.

I do think that the other apps still will be invisible, but then you can reinstall them from Installer.

If someone know a other way, please let us know here.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

after some more researching i figured it out!!!

used winscp to do this, just ssh to my iphone, went to /sys/lib/coreservices/springboard.app

and edited the M68AP.plist so that finder would replace my ipod on dock... phew... that was close!!!

Nice!
    Could you say what changes you made, can be good to know next time it happens.

Your lucky that SSH was turned on... Happened to me, no SSH, no nothing... had to restore.

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Your lucky that SSH was turned on... Happened to me, no SSH, no nothing... had to restore.
    You probably could have surfed to http://jailbreakme.com , that worked for me.