Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Black iPhone Cover Questionsis a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
1) What's the chances of me actually breaking the phone? 2) How long does it take? 3) Is it really worth it?...
12-08-2007, 02:08 PM #1Black iPhone Cover Questions
1) What's the chances of me actually breaking the phone?
2) How long does it take?
3) Is it really worth it?
12-09-2007, 05:59 PM #2
1) Average to good. Well, not necessarily breaking it, but scuffing up a bit for sure. The back is REALLY easy to bend if you're not using the right tool, and then you wind up with little divots in the back instead of the correct smooth line. Just don't use anything metal, the "spudgers" you can find on iFixIt.com or other places work great. I didn't wait to order one when I was doing my first hardware unlocks, and I screwed up the back of my iPhone. Phone works fine, just the back doesn't LOOK nice.
2) A few hours. Of course, you have to let it sit overnight to remove the adhesive from the silver housing, so that adds to it as well.
3) If you like black backs to your iPhone, and are prepared, yah..
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews