+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i dropped my iphone in water...what should i do??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I dropped my iphone in water last night and it was completely submerged for a good 2-3 seconds. I tried to turn it on and nothing happens. I read
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i dropped my iphone in water...what should i do??
    Hi,
    I dropped my iphone in water last night and it was completely submerged for a good 2-3 seconds. I tried to turn it on and nothing happens. I read in another post about this to not try to turn it on so I haven't tried again but it's not on or anything. I also read to keep it someplace warm, to dry it with a hairdryer, to let it sit for days before touching it again...I'm wondering what the best option is right now. I looked into the headphone jack and the sticker is half white-half red so I'm not sure if that means maybe i can take it to apple and they'll help me? Please let me know...I, of course, am freaking out about ruining my phone and throwing away $600. Thanks
    Last edited by stoehrsy11; 12-08-2007 at 08:25 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

get a pound of rice, spread some on the bottom of a good sized container, put the iPhone on top of the rice, cover it with more rice, put a cover on it, like a tupperware bowl thing.
    let it sit for a few days.
    the rice will absorb the moisture.

yes, this has worked with cell phones and iPods.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

HAHA clemclone...i thought that was a joke...but it makes sense...speaking of absorbing moisture, doesn't the silica gel from some food and shoe products have it...mostly the asian foods have it...I think that absorbs moisture as well...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks for the help...i put my phone in so we'll see...how long should i keep it in there? Any other things I can do to get my phone back? I took it to apple but they said there was water damage obviously so they said I would have to replace it for 250 bucks. I decided to try less expensive routes of fixing my phone...Thanks for the reply.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stoehrsy11 View Post
    how long should i keep it in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Clem-Clone View Post
    get a pound of rice, spread some on the bottom of a good sized container, put the iPhone on top of the rice, cover it with more rice, put a cover on it, like a tupperware bowl thing.
    let it sit for a few days.

Reading comprehension skills...