Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AHhhh The task of organizing music

Default AHhhh The task of organizing music
    Ok Im having a problem keeping my songs organized in itunes. Heres the problem. When I download music from one artist, the name of the artist might be spelt differently about 2 or 3 times. For ex, 36 Mafia, Three Six Mafia, 3 6 Mafia. Now what I want to do is to get all these songs from these folders and have them all in one folder named 36 Mafia. I tried going into the folder where my music is stored in itunes and I put the three six mafia, and 3 6 mafia folders into the one 36 mafia folder. I did that for all my artist. All was good. but when I added the the whole itunes folder to my itunes they all seperated again and now they are back to seperate folders. Can someone tell me how to fix this. How do you guys organize your music when you download it from a program like limewire?

You have to manually change the info on each song....its TEDIOUS! but in the end its totally worth it. Just goto your itunes library and right click on the songs and click info or whatever and you can type it all in. Make sure it matches exactly, no extra spaces or anything. Once you have it all done, just make sure to check each song you import from limewire and it will make it way easier on your life...trust me...i spent 4 hours organizing it all and updating the album covers i had to manually download but i love how organized it is now!

Or in iTunes select all the songs by 3 6, 36, three-six, etc. and click 'get info': then change the artist name and press ok!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Or in iTunes select all the songs by 3 6, 36, three-six, etc. and click 'get info': then change the artist name and press ok!
    Yah thats WAY easier.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

And make sure you have iTunes automatically organize your music folder, so when you change artist/albums, it will adjust for new or delete old folders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

yep thats what i do!

i mean...whats limewire...illegal music...whats that? I buy my songs for 99 cents!
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Thanks

I use Multimediafeed MP3 Tagger, which was free for a day from GiveAwayOfTheDay.com a few months back. Great to organize music on your PC, get ID3 tages, etc.

Yeah, you can use iTunes, but I prefer to make sure all my MP3's have correct ID3 tages so they work on all my players (specifically, my iRiver devices.)

If anyone wants it, I have the free key for the Multimediafeed MP3 Tagger, which still works.