+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Two Profiles in Outlook

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I would very much appreciate if someone could help me to syncronize my iPhone with Outlook... I have a PC and have created a second profile in outlook at
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Two Profiles in Outlook
    Hi

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me to syncronize my iPhone with Outlook...

I have a PC and have created a second profile in outlook at home to syncronize my corporate outlook (calendar and addresses) via vpn. Everything works fine in that respect. I have all my private mails in my "private profile" and my corporate mails and addresses in the second, i.e. "corporate profile".

Sofar I have synconized my iPhone / iTunes (i.e. addresses and calendar) with my "private profile". However, now I want iTunes / iPhone to syncronize with my new profile in Outlook, i.e. the corporate profile. Unfortuantelly I can't find the settings to change that? The private profile is a .pst file whereas the corporate profile is a .ost file. I know that iTunes can also synchronize with ost files and not only pst files. So this should not be the problem.

Can anybody help? Is there a way to change the file where itunes is syncing the calendar and contacts with?

Thanks,
    Peter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPool View Post
    Hi

I would very much appreciate if someone could help me to syncronize my iPhone with Outlook...

I have a PC and have created a second profile in outlook at home to syncronize my corporate outlook (calendar and addresses) via vpn. Everything works fine in that respect. I have all my private mails in my "private profile" and my corporate mails and addresses in the second, i.e. "corporate profile".

Sofar I have synconized my iPhone / iTunes (i.e. addresses and calendar) with my "private profile". However, now I want iTunes / iPhone to syncronize with my new profile in Outlook, i.e. the corporate profile. Unfortuantelly I can't find the settings to change that? The private profile is a .pst file whereas the corporate profile is a .ost file. I know that iTunes can also synchronize with ost files and not only pst files. So this should not be the problem.

Can anybody help? Is there a way to change the file where itunes is syncing the calendar and contacts with?

Thanks,
    Peter
    hi peter,

well let me tell you this, after breaking my head for 2 days over this problem (my boss has an iphone and i am responsible for its operation) and multiple searches on google i was left fruitless.
    i saw your post last, and decided that i am fed up, i would have to find out how to make 2 outlook profiles work on iphone on my own.

note - you basically have to temporarily set a "default" profile so that itunes uses that to sync with iphone (itunes only syncs default profiles). after it syncs for the first time, you can change all the settings back and itunes will still use the profile it synced with (even if it is not default any longer).

so here it is:
    1. close outlook and itunes, disconnect your phone
    2. open control panel
    3. open "mail"
    4. click on "show profiles" button
    5. select the profile you want Iphone to sync with (highlight it)
    note- since you have multiple profiles "prompt for profile to be used" checkbox is most likely selected.
    6. select "always use this profile" checkbox
    7. in the dropdown menu select the profile your want Iphone to sync with
    8. click ok

9. open itunes (do NOT connect Iphone)
    10. go to "edit > preferences > sync tab (last tab on top)"
    11. then clear the sync history
    12. click ok
    13. NOW connect the Iphone and sync (you might get some messages that you need to verify the correct data for calendar and contacts)

14. after a successful sinc, go back to control panel and in Mail options change the settings back to the way they were. (basically revert the settings in steps 1-8 above)

You are done.
    Hope this helps you and anyone else.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank You!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thank You
    I have struggled with this for months, and I just found your answer. Thank you so much. Saves me bundles of time. It worked brilliantly!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excellent! Just got an iPhone 3GS today, and this was killing me. Minor note: on iTunes 8.2, the Reset Sync History is now on the "Devices" tab (second from last).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Dr.Sound,

thank you so much. I dont know how long i would have to spent times to solve this same issue but with your post just got it solve after a 30 mins tried by my own and 2minutes search from internet...this is an excellent post indeed.

greatly appreciated..

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Dr.sound I bloody love you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Great tip but one question...
    Have I user this procedure (to change the default profile) every time I change the iPhone to be synchronized?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks a lot!!
    I was about to give up and give back the phone but I got by accident into your post. It saved my life. Thanks you very much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad my post helped many of you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do you the same trick if you are sync'ing thru icloud? I followed all steps (including resetting sync history in iTunes) but am still unable to sync with the now default Outlook profile. Thanks, Russell Heath