+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get an iPhone replacement!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Here is the deal: -my iphone is NOT jailbroken -my iPhone get hot when charging -safari keeps crashing when am in the middle of typing something -photos are blurry for
    Banned
    Thanks

Exclamation How to get an iPhone replacement!
    Here is the deal:
    -my iphone is NOT jailbroken
    -my iPhone get hot when charging
    -safari keeps crashing when am in the middle of typing something
    -photos are blurry for about 10 seconds before they clear up
    -the screen freezes sometimes and it won't do anything

And everytime I go to the apple store they tell me that all this is normal!!! But I don't think it is when the phone is $300 phone!
    so anyone have a good idea on how I can get them(apple store) to replace it for me. Maybe personal expeirince that worked??
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 07-04-2008 at 07:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone flattop95's Avatar
    Thanks

tell them that the screen goes dim every 45 minutes after use, or something like the battery only holds a charge for an hour, no one will wait that long!
    wow, none of my avatars work, so it is blend
    oh and i am black
    90210 ftw!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default At your own risk, it works though!
    I had the same issues so I tried to pull a fast one.

I wanted to damage to be only internal.

I put my iphone in a plastic container ( Tupperware)

then i put it in the microwave for 3 seconds.. you will hear a pop.

You might have a piece of the back black plastic melted.

Take the iphone in and tell them that you woke up and the iphone would not

turn on. I told them I had it plugged in a normal socket, dont know if it was surge protected, I don't know anything. All I know is when I woke up my phone would not start.

They should give you a new one.... refurbished!.....which has the ******** LCD.

If you can just do a clean restore and see what happens.

Good luck!

BTW: Try at your own risk, no promises!

Thanks

Rodeez thats pretty dangerous there man... lol

Heres another suggestion for you. Go to Ross or Marshall and pick up one of those Ipod car chargers that say it wasnt made for the Iphone. Wait till you batter is pretty low and plug it in while your having a conversation. This has happened to me three times before i realised that the problem was the aftermarket charger.

First time... The screen went black and it would not power on from a soft or hard reset.

Second time... I recieved and error stating that this device wasnt made for the iphone, and every time the phone auto locked the same message would come up. (This is after I diconnected the charger.

Third Time.... Was the same as the first.

Keep in mind though that youd need to save all of your data by backing up the Iphone but afterwards you should be good to go and you dont have to risk your microwave blowing up. (smile)
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bretthartt For This Useful Post:

azxken (12-12-2010), yemenprince2004 (06-19-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

@ rodeeze. Are you seriouse!!!!! You Put it in the microwave!!!! I am not that desprate yet!!!! But thanks for the idea though!!!
    @bretthartt. But wouldnt they just restore for you through iTunes?? Or is it gonna be unrestorable? That would be really cool if it worked!!!!
    I want someone who have tryed something and they replaced it for him??? Any more good ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flattop95 View Post
    tell them that the screen goes dim every 45 minutes after use, or something like the battery only holds a charge for an hour, no one will wait that long!
    Just be aware that we now have a application that can tell us how long you battery life is going for since your last charge. And then what was the longest time that your iphone held a charge during the past two weeks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cWanja For This Useful Post:

yemenprince2004 (06-19-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

everything but the screen freezing sounds normal to me. atleast my phone has done all of that since day one.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    Just be aware that we now have a application that can tell us how long you battery life is going for since your last charge. And then what was the longest time that your iphone held a charge during the past two weeks.
    Dude!! You work with apple??? That is cool! So what's the best trick???
    And you get a thank you for warning us!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    everything but the screen freezing sounds normal to me. atleast my phone has done all of that since day one.
    The screen "freezing" is the most common thing I get at the bar. No customer can ever replicate it, so it is hard to give a certain fix. All we often do is just restores and send them on their way.

As for the "best way to get your phone replaced", I can't share that information. I am sorry.

Banned
    Thanks

The screen "freezing" is the most common thing I get at the bar. No customer can ever replicate it, so it is hard to give a certain fix. All we often do is just restores and send them on their way.

As for the "best way to get your phone replaced", I can't share that information. I am sorry.
    Oh come on!!! You unlocked your phone and all that stuff, I mean come on!!!
    some of the apple store people are cool and some are ***-h*les!! And I am complaining about a real problem, its not like I want them to replace for no reason...

Anyone with good idea????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just went in, said i had restored to 1.1.4 already, didnt fix my freezing problem/overheating problem, mine just freezed randomly and then got real hot right afterward, and i just said that and I got a replacement, all in 5 minutes.

Thanks

It all depends on the Genii you talk with. Many are easy going and some are hard ballers. It is tough to see just from their stance. You really need to have a manufacture defect going on with your phone. It is a tough decision.

Is your phone still freezing and heating up?

Thanks

i am getting one from my bro in-law and i was wondering if i wanted to get a refurb since his still has warranty... would i just activate it normally and then send it to apple? his speakers sound staticky (sp?) from time to time and his vibrate acts funny from what i've heard

iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes, what I did was ballzy! Just shortly after I went on youtube and seen people ask for 1$ donations to put their iphone in the microwave. I should have youtubed mine! but oh well... I lucked out.

Again.. the only problem with a replacement(refurbished) is you get the crappy LCD version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    i am getting one from my bro in-law and i was wondering if i wanted to get a refurb since his still has warranty... would i just activate it normally and then send it to apple? his speakers sound staticky (sp?) from time to time and his vibrate acts funny from what i've heard
    Have him go and just swap it out assuming the Genius can find a swapable issues.

Banned
    Thanks

It all depends on the Genii you talk with. Many are easy going and some are hard ballers. It is tough to see just from their stance. You really need to have a manufacture defect going on with your phone. It is a tough decision.

Is your phone still freezing and heating up?
    I agree with you that it all depends on the Genii.

about my phone, its still heating up when i charge it

Quote Originally Posted by rodeeze View Post
    Yes, what I did was ballzy! Just shortly after I went on youtube and seen people ask for 1$ donations to put their iphone in the microwave. I should have youtubed mine! but oh well... I lucked out.

Again.. the only problem with a replacement(refurbished) is you get the crappy LCD version.
    what u mean u get a crappy LCD version???
    Last edited by yemenprince2004; 07-04-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^^^Some older iPhones used a sub-par LCD so dark scenes in movies have a contrast issue.
    Apples taste good.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    ^^^Some older iPhones used a sub-par LCD so dark scenes in movies have a contrast issue.
    doesn't apple completely fix them when they refurbish them??

and if it has a LCD problem then they shouldn't be selling it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yemenprince2004 View Post
    doesn't apple completely fix them when they refurbish them??

and if it has a LCD problem then they shouldn't be selling it.
    IF there is another issue with your replacement (not saying it is refurbished, just saying it is replacing your original phone - hence the word usage), you are entitled to have it looked at again. It has the same warranty your original phone did (and if you had AppleCare on your original iPhone it will roll over to your new one).

If it is heating up, by all means go get it checked out. Best thing to do is going to be to charge it prior to brining it in so it is hot. If your local Apple Store is far away, then just wait.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cWanja For This Useful Post:

yemenprince2004 (07-05-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

@cWanga: thanks dude!
    but I am worried that I go and they end up making up an excuse to not replace it.
    More ideas, no macrwaving or crazy stuff!!