Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Terrible Performance! 1.1.2

Default Terrible Performance! 1.1.2
    So I followed all the advise here and opened up my 1.1.2 which was accidently upgraded from a fully hacked 1.1.1 and now the phone runs like crap. It locks in the middle of almost every app including mail, safari and even sms! I can't figure it out!

I'm not saying the phone doesn't work, it just runs like crap! I thought perhaps there were too many apps installed (it's only a 4gig) so I uninstalled mostly everything but it still locks up!

Example: When running iRadio if I chage the "station" more than a few times it will freeze and I have to either hold down the power button and it will turn off or sometimes have to do a soft reset (home and power)

Any suggestion? HAs anyone else had these issues after adding apps?

Doby
    Last edited by DobyTheDoggy; 12-03-2007 at 01:54 PM.

maybe you installed a lot of crap at once without soft resetting the iphone. my 1.1.2 has been working smoothly since the dev team released the 1.2.1u anysim

Banned
    Thanks

i say justy restore and downgrade to 1.1.1

Banned
    Thanks

i say justy restore and downgrade to 1.1.1

i have a hacked free 1.1.2 and it runs like ****....my batter life sucks, sms messages take 10 seconds to load, if i scroll through my contacts or music its very slow to respond and then i usually miss what im trying to click on because the damn thing is trying to catch up...i hope there is a new update soon just so i can get some performance back...im not blaming this all on the update as i think my phone is messing up too...screen become unresponsive at times have to wait 10-15 seconds before itll let me do anything. I havent always had problems with 1.1.2 so thats why im beginning to think that my phone might be messing up as well

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdfink08 View Post
    i have a hacked free 1.1.2 and it runs like ****....my batter life sucks, sms messages take 10 seconds to load, if i scroll through my contacts or music its very slow to respond and then i usually miss what im trying to click on because the damn thing is trying to catch up...i hope there is a new update soon just so i can get some performance back...im not blaming this all on the update as i think my phone is messing up too...screen become unresponsive at times have to wait 10-15 seconds before itll let me do anything. I havent always had problems with 1.1.2 so thats why im beginning to think that my phone might be messing up as well
    iPhone v1.0.2 Firmware is the best firmware at the momment no freezing and you can have any mp3 as a ring tone the new firmware suks

Im not sure what is different with you guys, but I am getting better performance with 1.1.2 than I did with 02 or 11, and I have lots of apps working flawlesly like BSD sub, Dock, summerboard, customize. I tend to not keep the apps that give less than satisfactory performance. I can only guess (im no programmer) that the difference is related to the process of bringing the phone up through the upgrades in different ways IDK.

Thanks

1.0.2 is a history already...1.1.1 is a STABLE NOW. wait for sometime and 1.1.2 will be stable also one of this day.

http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind...ications#Games

according to most report, 1.1.2 have a good speed and better battery management. That's why i doubted that there is something wrong for those guys having problems on their 1.1.2. PLEASE RECHECK UR PROCESS. its BETTER NOT JUST UPGRADE BUT TO CLEAN EVERYTHING. from the scratch! have a good downgrade first. revirginize and fix everything...ask the expert regarding this.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

What the hell are you talking about?

I Ran AnySim 1.1.2u on firmware 1.1.2

All you have to do is pop your iphone on Airplane mode before you start to use it.

And you have to make sure anySIM.app is chmod to 755.

Slide to and unlock and your done

Then run Iworld and choose your country. Then you can reboot, uninstall iWorld and you have a perfect 1.1.2 FW system, unlocked and jailbreaked.

Enjoy your longer battery life, louder music and better speed/performance
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

You people must be smoking the crack pipe. 1.1.2 is the best performing FW to date. My phone never locks up, runs TWICE as smooth as before. I don't know what you did to your phones but you better figure it out.

Reako

Quote Originally Posted by Reako View Post
    You people must be smoking the crack pipe. 1.1.2 is the best performing FW to date. My phone never locks up, runs TWICE as smooth as before. I don't know what you did to your phones but you better figure it out.

Reako
    +1 mines a thousand times better running the newest FW and i have all the same programs i used to

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

mine runs smoothly but sometimes it will not lock the phone when i try to and i only realize it when it is hot as hell in my pocket...i did notice the battery life sucks on 1.1.2 but it runs perfect for me
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it the custom apps like iRadio that are locking up or all of the original iphone apps aswell?