Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A trick to save the usage settings from resetting

Default A trick to save the usage settings from resetting
    Dear modders,

Are you like me and are picky enough to sometimes don't want to install things from installer coz it will reset your usage gauge in your settings?

Well this will help your compulsive obsessive behavior.

Once you installed your app from installer just hold your sleep button till it ask you to turn it off. Turn your phone off. then turn it back on. done!

Saves your usage timer, voila!

Cheers,
    Ridge

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridge For This Useful Post:

grantmaier687 (12-02-2007), MOSHO92 (12-02-2007), sgammella (12-04-2007)

Thanks! Thats a great tip!

Cheers, I was curious about this too

I cant get this to work, Ive even reset it by holding home and sleep and it still resets the usage stats. The power off doesnt work because when the slider comes up to turn it off, and you slide, it doesnt turn it off, it just brings you back to the locked screen, of which it already reset the usage stats.

Dixit

That's strange. Just after u finish installing you press and hold the sleep button till u get the slide to power off screen. Once u slide it should just shutdown.... anyone else have this issue?

If I helped you in anyway, show some love! hit the thanks button!

Right, cause Im like you in the sense very anal about these stats and tried this about a month or two ago. I remember first trying the shutdown, but like i said, right after its installed, and im still sitting in the install and back at the packages screen, I hold the sleep, slide the slider to shut down, and it just brings me back to the locked screen as if it just restarted springboard. So then I tried it later but this time reseting the phone by holding sleep and home till it resets and it somehow still manages to clear the damn usage stats.

BTW Im doing this on 1.1.1 FW phone with the latest Installer version.

Dixit

a variation of this that i always do after i install an app or rearrange my icons would be to press & hold the home button till the app quits (installer/rsbt,customize) and returns to the springboard unrefreshed. that's when i reboot by pressing the sleep/power button. as expected, springboard is refreshed when powered on while still retaining the usage stats. there's an added step but it quits the running app properly before i reboot it. all new settings are saved while the app was still running anyway.

I have the same issue as bigdogjonx, holding sleep button will bring up the slider to power off, but after sliding, it will bring up the slide to unlock screen and the usage stats are lost.