+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Completely Frozen - Serious Help Required

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
my iphone has frozen, it keeps going around in circles but i cant actually do anything on it and its getting gradually worse, the computer wont even recognze it because
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone Completely Frozen - Serious Help Required
    my iphone has frozen, it keeps going around in circles but i cant actually do anything on it and its getting gradually worse, the computer wont even recognze it because of some error.

what can i do?

Dom
    Thanks

Have you tried resetting your iPhone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes orignally i tried resetting the settings and now ive tried it heaps of times pressing the two buttons but its frozen still wont let me do anything

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

try letting the battery drain and plug back in,

Livin the iPhone Life yowiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

connect it to your dock and restart it.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im goin withe battery drain idea *fingers crossed*

thanks for the help!!

is there any way to restore this thing without connecting it to the computer?
    Last edited by inrainbows; 11-30-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since yesterday, i have exactly the same problem. The iPhone is completely frozen. I tried restoring with all the versions (1.1.1 and 1.1.2) but there is no way. I jailbreak it two days ago and it was working without any problem (i was running the 1.1.2 firmware, with the instructions of hackmyiphone). That page is no loger working. Could someone help me?

Thank you very much,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by placho View Post
    Since yesterday, i have exactly the same problem. The iPhone is completely frozen. I tried restoring with all the versions (1.1.1 and 1.1.2) but there is no way. I jailbreak it two days ago and it was working without any problem (i was running the 1.1.2 firmware, with the instructions of hackmyiphone). That page is no loger working. Could someone help me?

Thank you very much,
    Hackmyiphone's page is still working. You just need to go to the right link or page. I also followed the instructions on hacktheiphone and my phone is working just fine.

Anyway, here is the link, i hope it will help you
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/index_111.html
    for version 1.1.1

and
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/112/iph...k_windows.html
    for version 1.1.2

Hacktheiphone has helped me a lot in understanding how iphone works. Take time to read everything first and browse the whole site before doing anything ok?

Hope this helps.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you very much Carrie, but i tried everything on that web and the phone is still frozen. It doesn't matter what i do with it, as soon as it boots, it gets frozen in the first second. It's really estrange, i don't know what else could i do. Could anybody help me with this?

Thanks again,

Thanks
    Thank you very much Carrie, but i tried everything on that web and the phone is still frozen. It doesn't matter what i do with it, as soon as it boots, it gets frozen in the first second. It's really estrange, i don't know what else could i do. Could anybody help me with this?

Thanks again,

Hmmm... Maybe you have too many installed applications via installer? Because i've noticed sometimes my phone freezes too whenever i have too many applications installed, I would just uninstall everything and refresh my iphone by turning it off for a few minutes. And i reset the phone a couple of times too. Now, the freezes and the crashes are gone. But i bet, if i start installing more applications than i already have now it would start freezing and crashing again. Its the games that usually makes my phone freeze and crash. I really hope i could help you... Anyways, good luck!!!
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

Thanks

Do like someone already stated..plug the iPhone into the wall charger and put it into recovery mode. Then, attach to your pc with iTunes open and restore your settings. That should get you back up going....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The problem is that i can not have access to the phone, it freezes in the really first second after booting. I just have installed the VNotes. The firmware came with the phone was 1.1.1.

Thanks

Thanks
    The problem is that i can not have access to the phone, it freezes in the really first second after booting. I just have installed the VNotes. The firmware came with the phone was 1.1.1.

Thanks
    Why dont you do it again? I don't know... lucky guess. I mean, if you cant use your iphone properly anyway... why dont you just restore it once again? Maybe, just maybe... it will fix the problem this time around. Just a thought ok? Besides, there's already a jailbreak for 1.1.2 so you dont really need to worry about the whole activation thing. As long as you have the old bootloader, you shouldn't be having any problems.
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried like 10 times to reload the firmwares, not only the 1.1.2, but 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 and once everything seems to be fine, it reboots and it gets stuck right at the beginning, no chances to slide with the finger the botom.

Any other suggestion? Thanks

Thanks
    Oh man... Have nothing else to say i guess... Im really sorry to hear about your prob. Hope somebody else out there could help you out.

Good luck!
    Smile!!!
    Version 1.1.2 Updated
    Sim Unlocked