Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: apple store they want to check it :(urgent)

Default apple store they want to check it :(urgent)
    Long story short i had a iphone 1.1.1 i broke it and bought another with 1.1.2 my friend tried to unlock it but it got ****** up or something so it cant make calls with ATT sim too. I went to the apple store to return it to play dumb but they want to check it something soo they made a apt for later today.. I want to know is it worth going there or will they figure out it was messed with?

have you tried a factory restore with itunes
    youtube it . im sure you can fix it your self
    Robert C ( aka ) Newb with a Iphone

Thanks

Just Lock Into The Restore Mode...where You Hold The Home And Sleep Button.

I second that. Lock it into DFU mode. Honestly you could fix it yourself

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats easy ... good luck.... i hate going to the apple store. does any body else hate going there?
    Last edited by alex2k10; 11-30-2007 at 02:28 AM.

yea ive definitely sweat bullets before doing the 1.1.1 unlock early on

I really like going there. Seeing as how in the past years, I've always wanted to purchase just one of their products (Macbook, iPod, etc.) but couldn't afford it. Until now

My phone got fried using one of the ipod speakers in Future Shop (canada)2 days ago,try restore with no luck (it was unlock with original frmware) I call apple and set up an appoiment.I drove yesterday and the genius try the restore crap with no luck then he went to the back and got me a new Iphone with 1.1.1 firmware no questions ask.
    I didn,t have a receipt but I say it was a gift and when the ask me for my at&t phone # I told them I was trying to activate the phone when it happens.
    great service.

Thanks

Did ur buddy by any chance downgrade to 1.1.1 to jailbreak and forget to use iTunes to upgrade back to 1.1.2? However just a restore in iTunes as many others have suggested should cure your problems but you will have start back at square 1... If all he forgot to do was upgrade using itunes instead of restore and u should be good to go!

He restored it to 1.1.2 i dont know the steps he took but what im really wondering will apple know that the phone is internally messed up? They wanted to hook it up to some computer before i could return it i assume this is the way they check if its still functional or if its been accessed.. What im wondering is will they accept my iphone since it "doesnt work anymore" will they be able to figure that out?

They going to try to restore the phone the same way you did ,no special cables or anything like that,if you can't restore it they can't do it either,they will give you a new phone.

returned it thanks guys :P

Disgusting. If you're going to hack something you should at least have the balls to suck it up when things go bad.

This is no better than folks that go through the grocery store snacking and leave their empties on a shelf somewhere.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Disgusting. If you're going to hack something you should at least have the balls to suck it up when things go bad.

This is no better than folks that go through the grocery store snacking and leave their empties on a shelf somewhere.
    i somewhat agree with jimbo. You could have just fixed it yourself. It was not even hard. All u had to do was downgrade and virginize. The iPhone i am giving to my dad for xmas has been restored 7x and virginized 2x. I worked on it for 3weeks cuz i updated to 1.1.2 and had to downgrade it to 1.1.1 then downgrade the baseband. So dn't quit.....i am not sure if u did just try it once, but u could have tried for a couple weeks...but i hate it when people rip others off cuz they messed something up....sorry but it just is kind of mean