+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Week 39 yet OTB 1.1.2 US - No wifi?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I got a WEEK 39 iPhone this past weekend and lo and behold, when i boot it up, its 1.1.2. Total kick in the groin there. Well that sucks,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Week 39 yet OTB 1.1.2 US - No wifi?
    So I got a WEEK 39 iPhone this past weekend and lo and behold, when i boot it up, its 1.1.2. Total kick in the groin there. Well that sucks, so I go and try to jailbreak it so that I can find out if the bootloader is 4.6 too. Unfortunately, when i get into the preference screen it seems that the phone has no wifi. I can turn wifi on/off, but no networks are ever found. my other phone shows at least 5 in the area with mine being easily connected to.

Is this a faulty iPhone?
    If not, can something be done about it?
    Also, I purchased it from someone and it wasn't shrinkwrapped. Could he have been playing with it and accidentally upgraded to 1.1.2 and in the process blew out the wifi?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
    Things I've tried:

I've tried downgrading to 1.1.1, wondering whether i should go to 1.0.2 as well.
    I've tried resetting network settings, as well as All settings.
    I've tried making my wifi completely open i.e. no wep key in case it could only pick up open networks for some reason.

Update:
    Seems that this really was a 1.1.1 phone that was updated to 1.1.2 unnecessarily.
    It had a version 3.9 bootloader.
    I downgraded to 1.0.2, and replaced the baseband with 3.14 to no avail.
    I then unlocked it in 1.0.2 and nothing.
    I now have an unlocked, jailbroken 1.0.2 phone with 4.01.13_G modem firmware that STILL can't use wifi.

Is this a hardware issue on the phone?
    Last edited by Triggerhappy; 11-29-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Things I've tried

iPhone? More like MyPhone sinister's Avatar
    Thanks

downgrade to 1.1.1 goto jailbreakme.com for wifi goodluck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you mean use the safari bug for wifi access? It doesn't seem to work at all. Safari does not crash when i try and go to the website.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Triggerhappy,

what is your year/batch code? (first three digits)

I assume you got it from someone and not the store if the wrapping was taken off.
    I read a lot of tutorials online to downgrade from 1.1.2 provided it wasn’t OTB 1.1.2 which yours isn’t since its week 39. You should be able to restore it to 1.1.1 but I am not sure.

My issue is that it is a 1.1.2 and I cant jailbreak it even and use it as an itouch for the time being.
    Last edited by phuk; 11-29-2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a week 39 phone. This is the week that if you picked up an iPhone, you had a 50/50 chance of getting a 1.0.2 or a 1.1.1 OTB.

Because this is the case, you can downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak and run Anysim 1.2. I recommend doing a search for programs to jailbreak in one simple step to save the confusion. Don't forget the lockdown file replacement